• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much stopped buying custom shirts outside of Carl and Proper Cloth. I am not as worried on getting the perfect fitting shirt, and since Carl has my measurements locked in, I can order from him over the phone or whenever I am in NYC.

Suits and sport coats, I am really tapering off there as well, but the last couple were from Antonio at Pastena.

RRL has taken hold of my clothing purchases recently.

-D_

What are the major differences, if any, between Carl and PC?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the major differences, if any, between Carl and PC?

Carls shirts are better quality, single needle stitch, choice of linings and adjustments in person. Plus, if you are in the city, you can see the cloth in person before buying, a swatch doesn’t always work. He is the owner and I prefer to work with smaller businesses since I am a small business owner myself. And as mentioned previously, he is just a great guy all around.

PC is fine, but I only use them for casual shirts. I also Iike that they offer enzyme washes and fading.

-DL

camez_

Reaction score
back in Bursa, last fitting. Fortunately, my tailor does his best and works even on sundays for me, he'll fix a couple of minor things (back, shoulder rotation, arm) that you can see on the pictures and i'll be able to collect the suit in a couple of hours as he's just finishing it

KSbiFm6h.jpg

jyPc9QTh.jpg

NQyBet5h.jpg

although the measures are the same, you can see a clear difference between the fabrics

7V5S23nh.jpg

OW3xSI9h.jpg

the navy suit will be posted to me in october/november

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks very nice. I would have moved the closing button a little bit lower (1-2 cm), have chosen different pockets at the hip and a bit wider lapels to make it look bolder. But these are only my style decisions.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
back in Bursa, last fitting. Fortunately, my tailor does his best and works even on sundays for me, he'll fix a couple of minor things (back, shoulder rotation, arm) that you can see on the pictures and i'll be able to collect the suit in a couple of hours as he's just finishing it

KSbiFm6h.jpg

jyPc9QTh.jpg

NQyBet5h.jpg

although the measures are the same, you can see a clear difference between the fabrics

7V5S23nh.jpg

OW3xSI9h.jpg

the navy suit will be posted to me in october/november

Have you ever thought about having your trousers cut fuller from the knee down with a wider hem opening? Or a fuller cut trouser in general? Not cartoonishly full but just the right amount of fullness without going overboard. It seems like it would give your lower have a bit more proportional balance. Also, the pleats and creases would look a lot cleaner.

camez_

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about having your trousers cut fuller from the knee down with a wider hem opening? Or a fuller cut trouser in general? Not cartoonishly full but just the right amount of fullness without going overboard. It seems like it would give your lower have a bit more proportional balance. Also, the pleats and creases would look a lot cleaner.

Yep, I've communicated that already for the next ones

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
Had my third fitting for a summer jacket and the second fitting for summer trousers last week. Will be able to see the finalised pieces early this week and I am pretty excited about that.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my third fitting for a summer jacket and the second fitting for summer trousers last week. Will be able to see the finalised pieces early this week and I am pretty excited about that.

View attachment 1820161

That is a great jacket. Shoulder line and length exactly to my taste. I would
have flap packets- my preference.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Green shoes definitely establish your StyFo bona fides. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads