• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great question. I am in fact wearing the jacket (from the photos in my last post) underneath the overcoat. But since the jacket does not have a right sleeve put on it yet, you can't really tell if I'm wearing a jacket or not. I also tried the overcoat on over another fully made lightly padded jacket but I didn't take a photo.
Saw Qemal today, we chatted quite a bit. Placed an order for ulster coat in Dugdale Overcoat 6307. A little darker than yours and slight herringbone pattern. Also went through his vintage stash and will commission this near the future.
PXL_20220625_213112042.jpg

utsav53

Reaction score
Saw Qemal today, we chatted quite a bit. Placed an order for ulster coat in Dugdale Overcoat 6307. A little darker than yours and slight herringbone pattern. Also went through his vintage stash and will commission this near the future.
View attachment 1806683

Just looked up the Dugdale fabric you chose-- I love it. I have a Caccioppoli charcoal herringbone currently in the works at Michael Browne's so decided not to go with the same pattern on this one.

The vintage fabric you picked looks absolutely fantastic IMO. He showed me this one when I met him on Thursday. Excited to see Qemal again in September when both my commissions will be nearly complete. I'm expecting to take delivery during his November trip so should be good for the winters.

Last edited:

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1806683

excellent choice on ulster cloth. Great versatility. In daylight you will be able to see the texture and depth of color. At night, it can pass for black and be used in in a formal context.

Marshak

Reaction score
Awesome, looking forward to seeing it on you! I appreciate the feedback on the fabric. Sounds like a perfect summer sport coat.

Here the jacket after a day of wear. Couldn't be happier. And here the fabric under a wave of light. Based on the pic Antonio sent me I feared the breast pocket would be too big but it's perfectly balanced.

IMG_20220628_120242__01.jpg
IMG_20220628_120746__01.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here the jacket after a day of wear. Couldn't be happier. And here the fabric under a wave of light. Based on the pic Antonio sent me I feared the breast pocket would be too big but it's perfectly balanced.

View attachment 1807352
View attachment 1807353
That beefy chest pocket is somehow unobtrusive despite it's size. I wonder if it's because it follows the general curves of the coat

I've seen Ivy triple patch pockets, and the chest pocket tends to look awkward and misplaced.

Marshak

Reaction score
That beefy chest pocket is somehow unobtrusive despite it's size. I wonder if it's because it follows the general curves of the coat

I've seen Ivy triple patch pockets, and the chest pocket tends to look awkward and misplaced.

You're absolutely right. The typical neapolitan curve of the pockets add to general balance and fluidity. I had always found 3 patches jacket on the tacky side but this one made me love this look. It gives a great summer casual jacket. Of course the dark navy helps to mitigate the visual impact of the breast pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads