• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

utsav53

Reaction score
Had my first fitting for the jacket and second fitting for the ulster by Qemal Selimi yesterday.

C588A707-DE10-42F8-B0CC-D1EE1A961664.jpeg

8E1A9062-7072-439E-A273-2A3EB4504BF9.jpeg

04DDD8C5-B0EA-484B-86CE-56E084ECB078.jpeg

8A419618-7A52-45DA-AEED-76275E31EF24.jpeg

546D9FBD-494A-4D05-BC40-7A3FAE2EF1CE.jpeg

utsav53

Reaction score
Excuse if this is a dumb question. wouldn't you want to do fittings of an overcoat (Ulster) with a suit, or sportcoat underneath for proper fitting? or do you never plan to wear a suit/sport coat under it?

That's a great question. I am in fact wearing the jacket (from the photos in my last post) underneath the overcoat. But since the jacket does not have a right sleeve put on it yet, you can't really tell if I'm wearing a jacket or not. I also tried the overcoat on over another fully made lightly padded jacket but I didn't take a photo.

Last edited:

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A good tailor will ask that question. If a client stays naked under a coat (for whatever reason 🤔😂) you can cut the coat slimmer. If he will wear a jacket or heavy sweaters then you can adjust the fit and cut everything a bit more wider.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great question. I am in fact wearing the jacket (from the photos in my last post) underneath the overcoat. But since the jacket does not have a right sleeve put on it yet, you can't really tell if I'm wearing a jacket or not. I also tried the overcoat on over another fully made lightly padded jacket but I didn't take a photo.

'Twas the lack of sleeve that threw me off..... all good my man, Thanks for the reply

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my first non-shirt commission from Divij Bespoke - saw so much good stuff here I wanted to try him out.

Sand DB linen sportcoat. Do I know what I'm going to wear this with? Not at all? (Any recos?) But very happy with the fit. Divij did a great job, especially w/ my big ass shoulders.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my first non-shirt commission from Divij Bespoke - saw so much good stuff here I wanted to try him out.

Sand DB linen sportcoat. Do I know what I'm going to wear this with? Not at all? (Any recos?) But very happy with the fit. Divij did a great job, especially w/ my big ass shoulders.
Would love some pics of your commission and sharing out of your experience worn Divij. I’ve got them on my radar.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marshak

Reaction score
Delivered last night. Caccioppoli wool-silk-linen. Love how lightweight this fabric is.
View attachment 1806379

Dugdale Lisburn Linen. Not lightweight 😂. Could probably use most of fall and winter in Houston.
View attachment 1806380
Delivered last night. Caccioppoli wool-silk-linen. Love how lightweight this fabric is.
View attachment 1806379

Dugdale Lisburn Linen. Not lightweight 😂. Could probably use most of fall and winter in Houston.
View attachment 1806380

Great result! FYI I took delivery of the Drago hopsack jacket this morning (Antonio is currently in Paris) and I can testify it's a great summer fabric for a casual wear, heavily textured (more than the 6ply Draper's hopsack I already have) with a smooth touch, super airy weave and a great natural stretch. I'll wait to sport it during summer heat to test its drape longevity but I have no regret at all if I compared it with some more pricey meshes.

Wilson13

Reaction score
Great result! FYI I took delivery of the Drago hopsack jacket this morning (Antonio is currently in Paris) and I can testify it's a great summer fabric for a casual wear, heavily textured (more than the 6ply Draper's hopsack I already have) with a smooth touch, super airy weave and a great natural stretch. I'll wait to sport it during summer heat to test its drape longevity but I have no regret at all if I compared it with some more pricey meshes.
Awesome, looking forward to seeing it on you! I appreciate the feedback on the fabric. Sounds like a perfect summer sport coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads