• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally picked up my brown corduroy suit from St Gregory last week. It turned out just the way I had hoped it would.
DSCF3508.jpg
Pitti Day 4_5.jpg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That looks great. I always thought that I’d go with green for my first corduroy suit but this has me rethinking that choice.

I already have a green corduroy suit :)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So i wanted to get one jacket that was a super bold, sort of ****-you pattern.

I was thinking a big houndstooth in gray. I can't seem to find a fabric that matches that. Barring said fabric i was thinking a huge glen plaid check sort of thing.

Here's where it gets challenging. The two checked fabrics i like. I'm also thinking for a future commission a suit in a gray 3p Glen plaid check type of fabric. So while i like the all-gray fabric i think it would be too similar to a future commission. Also, i am not sure the pattern is BIG enough. So i am deciding between the two checks for one coat and the houndstooth. I just don't know which to prioritize. The houndstooth is the size i like but not the exact color i was looking for. But i really like it. I also like the two checks.

So knowing what I am looking for which one should i go with first. I was told the houndstooth fabric would sell out first. No idea if i buy that. Then which check.

This jacket is intentionally a bold jacket that should stand out.
20220122_114056.jpg
20220122_114050.jpg
20220122_114046.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i wanted to get one jacket that was a super bold, sort of ****-you pattern.

I was thinking a big houndstooth in gray. I can't seem to find a fabric that matches that. Barring said fabric i was thinking a huge glen plaid check sort of thing.

Here's where it gets challenging. The two checked fabrics i like. I'm also thinking for a future commission a suit in a gray 3p Glen plaid check type of fabric. So while i like the all-gray fabric i think it would be too similar to a future commission. Also, i am not sure the pattern is BIG enough. So i am deciding between the two checks for one coat and the houndstooth. I just don't know which to prioritize. The houndstooth is the size i like but not the exact color i was looking for. But i really like it. I also like the two checks.

So knowing what I am looking for which one should i go with first. I was told the houndstooth fabric would sell out first. No idea if i buy that. Then which check.

This jacket is intentionally a bold jacket that should stand out. View attachment 1742019 View attachment 1742020 View attachment 1742021
Those patterns are hard to wear.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eddie, do the bold blue stripe. The folded up cloth in the second picture. Not only will it stand out, it will be hard to accessorize and pick trousers for. Perfect trifecta!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eddie, do the bold blue stripe. The folded up cloth in the second picture. Not only will it stand out, it will be hard to accessorize and pick trousers for. Perfect trifecta!
That was not an option!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads