• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cliff and Vole shades from William Lockie Lambswool range, due to its variegation, are very nice under flannel suits.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a couple pictures today along with my DHL tracking. Looking forward to seeing how this turned out doing it remotely.
View attachment 1702291 View attachment 1702292
So this arrived a few weeks back. When it arrived I threw it on, took some pictures and sent them over with a note simply saying that it arrived and thank you - Antonio noticed some things he wanted changed in the picture I sent when it arrived and asked for me to send it back. It just arrived the second time. Straight out of the box pictures before any pressing, steaming or time on the hanger:
48B33386-74C5-4777-83F5-27569C92FE12.jpeg

will make a few more minor modifications on future orders and snag better pictures once it has a chance to hang for a while but overall pleased with how it turned out and with the experience and with Antonio’s customer service.

Marshak

Reaction score
So this arrived a few weeks back. When it arrived I threw it on, took some pictures and sent them over with a note simply saying that it arrived and thank you - Antonio noticed some things he wanted changed in the picture I sent when it arrived and asked for me to send it back. It just arrived the second time. Straight out of the box pictures before any pressing, steaming or time on the hanger:
View attachment 1715817
will make a few more minor modifications on future orders and snag better pictures once it has a chance to hang for a while but overall pleased with how it turned out and with the experience and with Antonio’s customer service.

Quite nice for a remote order. Would let out the waist a bit and add a cm to the length of the jacket. Did you work from scratch with him?

BomTrady

Reaction score
View attachment 1715817
It's absolutely gorgeous! He did a wonderful job; beautiful shoulder construction, nice armholes, lapel roll and all round proportions.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite nice for a remote order. Would let out the waist a bit and add a cm to the length of the jacket. Did you work from scratch with him?
Thanks!

As for process - yes and no - I sent him a fairly well fitting jacket and photos as a baseline but when we discussed we both had some modifications we wanted to make from it so also sent some measurements since I didn’t have anything I’d consider perfect to use to clone.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deleted

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up with an order for a tuxedo added in to my recent commission. Went with Smith 7845 black Barathea on his recommendation. I tried my current tuxedo (a OTR Formosa with alterations that I love) and unfortunately there are some structural things that I would change looking at it (jacket an inch too short, rise on pants an inch or so too low). Glad to get this order on the books with Steven, and excited to have my first bespoke tuxedo made!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't posted in StyleForum for a good few years.

I have commissioned my first bespoke suit and will share some details and the progress if anyone is interested.

The tailor is Brian Smith, the Fox Brothers freelance tailor based at their Mill down in Somerset. I believe he was previously at A&S. I also live in Somerset so it is ideal for me.

The cloth is a Fox Bro 16oz navy hopsack. It will be two button, notch lapel, two patch, double vent, turnups, mid-rise, flat fronted.

This has been a long time coming for me. Like almost everyone these days, I don't need to wear suits other than for the occasional wedding. Therefore I plan to use the jacket as a separate and will use the whole suit a few times a year at most.

Mr Smith's workshop is very cool. It's based in the old Counting House. A couple of photos if anyone is interested. I will take some more on the first fitting.
Hope this continues well. Any updates you can share on pricing?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello and I hope everyone is well. I commissioned another pair of bespoke cuff links with my friend and native silversmith Duane and they arrived over the weekend. I had a chance to wear them out to dinner tonight as most of the family is in town (the rest arrive shortly) for a visit. Bear claws in sterling and pink coral.

As a brief aside, wearing long sleeves and denim in this desert heat. My Lord what was I thinking? Thank goodness for Guinness, El Tesoro, and modern air conditioning!

Seriously though I just thought some may enjoy having a look. I have really enjoyed this fellow's work over the years.

View attachment 1638671

View attachment 1638672

View attachment 1638673
Nice work, and -- as stated-- even better with double ovals on a chain. But you're in jeans country, so those work nicely.

Any contact info for the artist?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ended up with an order for a tuxedo added in to my recent commission. Went with Smith 7845 black Barathea on his recommendation. I tried my current tuxedo (a OTR Formosa with alterations that I love) and unfortunately there are some structural things that I would change looking at it (jacket an inch too short, rise on pants an inch or so too low). Glad to get this order on the books with Steven, and excited to have my first bespoke tuxedo made!
Short jackets and rises are Italian things-- or the result of wishful thinking by US designers.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of photos from my fitting at Cad & The Dandy last week for my Rene Belloq suit. Because of Covid, the last fitting I had for this suit was in January 2020. We made a few changes, notably for the trousers, but overall, it was looking pretty good.
IMG_2989.jpeg

IMG_2987.jpeg

And just a look at the makings of a dinner jacket. Some assembly required. This was cut for me last week by Caroline Andrew from a length of a muted black watch barathea that has been put aside for me for almost two years, also. You can see the black watch cloth, the canvases, the shoulder pads, pocket bags, and more. In the second photo, the jacket is bundles up ready to go to the coat maker. The roll of black fabric is the grosgrain silk facing material.
IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg

This will become a single-breasted, peak-lapel jacket. No vents. Jetted pockets. Turn back cuffs in the grosgrain silk. Linked button.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And just a look at the makings of a dinner jacket. Some assembly required. This was cut for me last week by Caroline Andrew from a length of a muted black watch barathea that has been put aside for me for almost two years, also. You can see the black watch cloth, the canvases, the shoulder pads, pocket bags, and more. In the second photo, the jacket is bundles up ready to go to the coat maker. The roll of black fabric is the grosgrain silk facing material.
View attachment 1720585
View attachment 1720587
This will become a single-breasted, peak-lapel jacket. No vents. Jetted pockets. Turn back cuffs in the grosgrain silk. Linked button.

I look forward to seeing the finished product. I just received this from Divij Bespoke/Hemrajani. Holland & Sherry 10oz Black Watch. Single breasted with shawl lapels and turn back cuffs. I’ll be wearing it for NYE.
E256227C-EEF8-4737-8E27-60F860C5729D.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads