• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know bespoke denim has been discussed here before, but most every custom option appears to operate from pre-designed models that are tweaked into proportion (a la MTM). I'm looking to get a pair of five-pocket cords I own replicated in denim, which is somewhat out of scope for most of the custom denim options I've found. Any recommendations on someone/place with a decent range of weights/washes and is able to cut and sew from an existing pair?

I used Eric at Fitted Underground, and I am very, very happy with the results. He is in Brooklyn, so you would have to mail the pair to be copied, which is what I did. He is a great guy and understands denim and how to construct jeans. He will also set up a Zoom/Skype call if need be.

I have tried having jeans made several times, however, any of the pairs I had made by tailors failed because they used standard pocket linings, stitching and threads which all blew out in a year. This was my main motivation for using a "denim specific" maker. His stuff is really well built and finished.

https://fitted.nyc/

-DL

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've found a few pairs that fit nicely but for whatever reason the models I've liked the most have been discontinued by their brands. C'est la vie. Adding to the complexity is that the corduroys in question are samples that were never actually made by the brand, so not like I can go that route.
FYI: Dvij will be in Atlanta on Friday.

@clothingfun big fan of the one above the white guyabera. Is that bottom button on the back just for show?

Marshak

Reaction score
Shetland jacket and 4 ply trousers just received from Pastena. Fit spot on. Handmade spot on. Everything spot on. This Abraham Moon is a very nice competitor to the more pricey WBill.

IMG_20211012_185312__01.jpg

Last edited:

clothingfun

Reaction score
FYI: Dvij will be in Atlanta on Friday.

@clothingfun big fan of the one above the white guyabera. Is that bottom button on the back just for show?

Thanks Ed. The buttons on the back and the front shoulders are ornamental. The vent buttons are functional. I came up with the design and button ideas from looking over the various RTW shirts that were on the shelves as well as listening to the suggestions from the delightful lady I worked with.

@Marshak - Wonderful garments. Thanks for taking the time to share.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dont get the forestiere. it's a terribly dorky garment buoyed only by its class associations.
For some reason I like the forestiere. I sometimes wear -- going on decades now -- a green or black corduroy version for Saturday errands on days that are between just cool and plain cold. I'm thinking of having a firm in Hong Kong make a bright navy one for me. Linings will be royal blue and gold.

I treat it as a winter jacket usually pared with a sweater ... not as a sport coat. I especially love to fold the sleeves back to display the brightly colored flannel lining. Orange for the green version. Purple for the black version.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For some reason I like the forestiere. I sometimes wear -- going on decades now -- a green or black corduroy version for Saturday errands on days that are between just cool and plain cold. I'm thinking of having a firm in Hong Kong make a bright navy one for me. Linings will be royal blue and gold.

I treat it as a winter jacket usually pared with a sweater ... not as a sport coat. I especially love to fold the sleeve back to display the flannel lining. Orange for the green version. Purple for the black version.

@RJman has a nice chapter about Arnys in his new book, Swan Song. The chapter gave me a better appreciation of why people are drawn to Arnys and the Forestiere.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RJman has a nice chapter about Arnys in his new book, Swan Song. The chapter gave me a better appreciation of why people are drawn to Arnys and the Forestiere.
I got a note from RJman on Friday and ordered my copy. Now I just have to plan a trip "Back East" to get it signed. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads