• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I’m tellin ya. Wish he could come sooner but it’s easier for me to go there than him to come here at the moment. Italy (and most of the EU) is still blocked from entering.

Luckily the unfunded liabilities I have earmarked for I Sarti are S/S fabrics and I'm still WFH until the fall...so as long as I can get them made up for next spring I'll be a happy camper.

Have a Cacciopoli navy hopsack in hand, and Salvo has ordered a length of this LP wool-silk-linen mix that I'm in love with...looking to go full bore Italian with these: soft canvas, spalla camicia, 3r2, patch pockets, barachetta, etc.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moar pics of the pents as they’re being made. Handmade buttonholes, waistband and lining cut & sewn by hand. Should be done in a few days, after which they’ll start the jacket.

415F812E-EAEA-4078-8450-57C153F117D4.jpeg
9125347E-8BEB-4323-9BD7-28CC2D5B6818.jpeg
B5A46763-EFF4-4679-BAF3-ED563B8B719A.jpeg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear how displacing that side seam affects the fit and drape, if at all. Does it only work for certain body types? Does the pattern have to be changed in other ways, besides the fact that the seam isn't there?
Just asked Ryan, and he said it doesn't affect fit/drape at all. The only thing that changes is the seam placement (insofar as the seam is moved), but the overall pattern shape is the same.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Elch

Reaction score
The pants look awesome. I especially like how the pleat stays closed. Is that a consequence of their depth?

I often see pleats being pulled open which seems to commonly occur on reverse pleats. Are those not deep enough or is that a general "feature" of reverse ones?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants look awesome. I especially like how the pleat stays closed. Is that a consequence of their depth?

I often see pleats being pulled open which seems to commonly occur on reverse pleats. Are those not deep enough or is that a general "feature" of reverse ones?
Both pleat depth and roominess. In addition to 1.5” pleats (so 3” total) fabric often needs to be “pushed” forward from the side seam toward your thighs, depending on one’s build.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score

Echoing the compliments.
Most pleats begin immediately below the waist line. His are sewn shut for about two inches. This helps the flatness.

I imagine the prominent side adjusters are primarily for looks. And they do look good. Adjusters cinch the fabric at the point they're attached. To a max of about an inch and a half each. Unless you expect the waistline to go up and down regularly, you can skip the adjuster and sew the cinch in. By hand, about five to ten minutes each. DIY, hey it's a cinch.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Echoing the compliments.
Most pleats begin immediately below the waist line. His are sewn shut for about two inches. This helps the flatness.

I imagine the prominent side adjusters are primarily for looks. And they do look good. Adjusters cinch the fabric at the point they're attached. To a max of about an inch and a half each. Unless you expect the waistline to go up and down regularly, you can skip the adjuster and sew the cinch in. By hand, about five to ten minutes each. DIY, hey it's a cinch.
Since you mentioned it, my paunch expands and contracts quite a bit throughout the day. Let’s just say after the second cup of coffee, I cinch the pull tabs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads