• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steveabdn

Reaction score
I presume he runs a limited company structure; meaning that it’s his company, not himself personally, that pays the bill. It will be presumably an allowable deductible expense against corporation tax, and he might be able to reclaim the VAT. Think of it another way; if he had to fund the purchase personally, he will have to earn around £10.5K (assuming he is a higher rate tax payer) to have £6K to make the purchase. The company only needs £4.8K net (assuming it claims the VAT back) to make the same purchase.

I have a limited company myself, I think it's time my company expanded into reviews of bespoke tailoring and high end watches!!

jiredell

Reaction score

Thoughts on getting this in raw cream silk for a summer sc?

Not sure where you live, but silk to me is generally quite warm-wearing, compared to, say, linen or cotton, for summer fabrics. But the jacket is beautiful, so whatever you do, wanna see the process and results.

Rithrin

Reaction score
I have heard that a bespoke suit is like $4,500 or so, is that correct?
I honestly don’t know the base price, but that sounds about right. A little more, a little less, depending on fabric.

They recently quoted me about $6000 for a three-piece, fabric was not entry level, so that price range sounds correct to me.

Speaking of TK, they do great work. I'd recommend swinging by if you ever get the chance.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First fitting and I´m very happy. A few minor details need adjustment but overall it looks very good.

2020-10-31-DSC_8934.jpg
2020-10-30-DSC_8915.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The second fitting for this three piece was all the way back in the spring, but it was worth the wait:
652344C6-006A-41D3-BAC5-97749BE6F04B.jpeg

Cloth is Drapers Ascot 4-ply. Salvo patterned and cut the suit using a modified drape method: slightly extended shoulders with the not often seen “manica mappina”, in which the upper sleeve is full and the fabric is pressed out, and a generous chest in which a piece of the canvas is placed on the bias, which gives a bit of fullness when worn. Pants are cut close to the hips, have a single pleat that lays flat thanks to a full upper leg, and gradually tapers to the foot.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The second fitting for this three piece was all the way back in the spring, but it was worth the wait:
View attachment 1502290
Cloth is Drapers Ascot 4-ply. Salvo patterned and cut the suit using a modified drape method: slightly extended shoulders with the not often seen “manica mappina”, in which the upper sleeve is full and the fabric is pressed out, and a generous chest in which a piece of the canvas is placed on the bias, which gives a bit of fullness when worn. Pants are cut close to the hips, have a single pleat that lays flat thanks to a full upper leg, and gradually tapers to the foot.

that suit looks amazing! I love the ascot bunch

Do they have tentative dates for spring yet?

konstantis

Reaction score
Hi to all the members. I would like the members opinion about to make the attached fabric. It is a heavyweight tweed from Lovat. I want an overcoat that could be worn with casual attire. My first thought is a balmacaan. Any others suggestions ? Thanks.

Attachments

• 28197F64-30CA-442B-8382-30C520BB76A9.jpeg
    28197F64-30CA-442B-8382-30C520BB76A9.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 75
  • 84B571AA-C1DE-4493-864D-27A7969D1500.jpeg
    84B571AA-C1DE-4493-864D-27A7969D1500.jpeg
    765.2 KB · Views: 63

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads