• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Depsos no longer taking on new clients?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB Ulster in 670gms navy plain wool from Minnis.

20200715_161226.jpg
20200715_161214.jpg

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another commission for Frank in Fox Air Walnut. Getting him to make a soft Italian giacca. Ditched some plans waiting for other tailors :tongue:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DavidLane , when he's done with my jacket, Frank will be telling you about barchetta pockets and instead of "bench made", he'll be saying "tutto fatto a mano". ?

I didn’t realize he did a soft tailoring styles
It's his new thing :lol:, PTSD from my first order (just kidding).

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DavidLane , when he's done with my jacket, Frank will be telling you about barchetta pockets and instead of "bench made", he'll be saying "tutto fatto a mano". ?

It's his new thing :lol:, PTSD from my first order (just kidding).

Can you talk a bit more about the Skype fitting format? I get how the interative tweaks would work over video, but what about the initial measurements? Do you self measure?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you talk a bit more about the Skype fitting format? I get how the interactive tweaks would work over video, but what about the initial measurements? Do you self measure?
Yes, for me I didn't use skype, we communicate through Instagram.

He asks for height, chest, waist, hip, neck (I think). Frank then makes a basted fitting with scrap cloths and sends it to you. You take pictures and show Frank. I would say I know what I'm talking about when I give feedback to Frank.

Frank is pretty flexible (we've come a long way for Frank to do soft tailoring.. wipes tear from eye...). I've had about 2 fittings without sleeves and 2 more with sleeves. Would have finished in 3 fittings but sleeve needed to be rotated.

First coat came out amazing, too hot to wear right now. You can search pictures on this thread posted by me. I documented the whole process and each fittings. Trying a lighter fabric, so you can really tell how experienced Frank is.

Edit: Sorry wrote this in a jiffy. Brain is offline.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, for me I didn't use skype, we communicate through Instagram.

He asks for height, chest, waist, hip, neck (I think). Frank then makes a basted fitting with scrap cloths and sends it to you. You take pictures and show Frank. I would say I know what I'm talking about when I give feedback to Frank.

Frank is pretty flexible (we've come a long way for Frank to do soft tailoring.. wipes tear from eye...). I've had about 2 fittings without sleeves and 2 more with sleeves. Would have finished in 3 fittings but sleeve needed to be rotated.

First coat came out amazing, too hot to wear right now. You can search pictures on this thread posted by me. I documented the whole process and each fittings. Trying a lighter fabric, so you can really tell how experienced Frank is.

Edit: Sorry wrote this in a jiffy. Brain is offline.

no worries, I recall the pictures but didn’t know the mechanics of the virtual fittings. I’ll dig through those old posts

I still need/want a bit more handholding and advice during fittings, and in normal times I would definitely prefer in person meetings

it’s also good to know he’s a bit more flexible in styling these days. Still looking for a tailor to do up a few tweed lengths I have, was thinking a classic trad/ivy styling which isn’t too far off from his normal house style

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no worries, I recall the pictures but didn’t know the mechanics of the virtual fittings. I’ll dig through those old posts

I still need/want a bit more handholding and advice during fittings, and in normal times I would definitely prefer in person meetings

it’s also good to know he’s a bit more flexible in styling these days. Still looking for a tailor to do up a few tweed lengths I have, was thinking a classic trad/ivy styling which isn’t too far off from his normal house style
If you want tweed made, Frank's your man. He works well with thicker cloths.

Let's say Frank is becoming more modern with all the Instagram posts I've been pounding him in our conversations ?

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
It might be less exciting than suits and jackets, but Ray Nepomuceno has told me that he will deliver the new shirts that I ordered in late June tomorrow. There will be seven in sum: four new linen shirts with round collars, two replacements for shirts from my first order that were damaged and a tuxedo shirt to accompany the dinner jacket the John Di Pietro is making for me. I'm quite keen for these, especially as my old made-to-measure linen shirts could use a rest.

Beautiful fitting jacket! Looks great!

It really is. I've been pleased with Mr. Genuardi's work, but this feels like a particular success. He took my request for, "voluptuous," lapels and realized it beautifully. It also fit uncommonly well, I suspect even by the standards of the trade. He guided me toward very classic garments and proportions at first, but has become very game for my 'bolder' notions. I hardly wanted to take it off. I only lament that it will be at least until late October before I really have occasion to wear it, but will with relish as soon as the weather allows.

This was also probably the first time that any of his clients had requested an adjustment to the stem holders that he puts on the reverse of every left lapel. (II asked for it to be wider as I've had trouble fitting the stems of certain daisies that a local florist sells by the stem through them)

Very lucky to have snuck in under the wire. Despos is an outstanding tailor and a very good guy. Best of both worlds.

I can't help but envy his standing client list a little. I'm quite satisfied with the tailors that I have access to and it would be pretty impractical for me to visit Chicago for multiple fittings (I'd have to get an Optimo hat or two while I'm there, at least), but his work and contributions here, which I am glad to have, very much impress. A Despos garment would be quite the notch on the belt, which makes the fact that I will almost certainly never have one acceptable as I wear suspenders anyway.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads