• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toninno

Reaction score
I wonder what is your take on no vents for you bespoke customers and tailors. I've never liked side vents to start with but I don't mind center vents on certain belted back jackets.
I like center vents on some coats. And for some customers. A bit less spiffy. No vents are fine too. I just finished a no vent coat.

dresden

Reaction score
Had the final fittings for this Standeven suit, a blazer and some summer shirts and trousers end of February and early March in Naples. Went for a different style with this suit. Took most of a friends design. Clean shoulders, no waterfalls, lower gorge, little bit slimmer lapels. It’s a straight two button. Have never had a two button before but might be nice on a suit. Should be sending this week.
EF026127-5BA4-47E4-9D98-FFBD38B1D255.jpeg

dresden

Reaction score
67D4D432-DADD-45FF-AC04-5CC807BF6AAD.jpeg
B668FF33-BFEF-47DE-A1A4-CF99FC91E386.jpeg
ACAFC507-7320-49C7-AA6A-54E3E8E3E160.jpeg
CAF2ECFA-08D0-4C18-A4D3-5879F766C69E.jpeg

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordering a 2 button jacket from a Neapolitan tailor is something I would never do (too much deviation from their house style) but I hope it turned out well.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2B just feels weird for me these days. I would not mind wearing one but I would never intentionally order one bespoke...it looks weird for me proportion wise. 1 or 3r2 for me...would not mind a sbpl in a 3r2

Toninno

Reaction score
Had the final fittings for this Standeven suit, a blazer and some summer shirts and trousers end of February and early March in Naples. Went for a different style with this suit. Took most of a friends design. Clean shoulders, no waterfalls, lower gorge, little bit slimmer lapels. It’s a straight two button. Have never had a two button before but might be nice on a suit. Should be sending this week.
View attachment 1395495
Standeven is great cloth. Which one is this ? It’s a beautiful blue. Great choice. (I can see by the lapel behind yours that this is old world bench. ?)

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standeven is great cloth. Which one is this ? It’s a beautiful blue. Great choice. (I can see by the lapel behind yours that this is old world bench. ?)
Looks like the explorer...one of my favourite clothes. I look forward to having another navy suit made in this once all my other (11) navy suits have worn out...

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there any consensus reached on the "A" shape and the pattern wearing away issues (notably visible with patterned cloths) on some Anderson&Sheppard coats?

- Wrong positioning of the block patterns when cutting a coat with particularly open quarters?

- Too much waist suppression after fittings not taken into account when cutting a coat with the famous "fish cut" pattern?

- Stylistic choice done on purpose?

arwehaer.jpg

as11.jpg

Manton_AS_balance.jpg

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there any consensus reached on the "A" shape and the pattern wearing away issues (notably visible with patterned cloths) on some Anderson&Sheppard coats?

- Wrong positioning of the block patterns when cutting a coat with particularly open quarters?

- Too much waist suppression after fittings not taken into account when cutting a coat with the famous "fish cut" pattern?

- Stylistic choice done on purpose?

View attachment 1395517

View attachment 1395519

View attachment 1395526
Looks like a halfway between a feminine cut coat and a masculine cut...

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My english teacher used to say in one powerful slide - rule of 3 overall - and maximum of 7 points made per slide

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads