• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.deJong

Reaction score
My bespoke tweed coat is ready! Fit is nailed down, so I'm really happy!
Sorry for my bad hair, there was a lot of wind. But as you can see the coat didn't move an inch.

k56VHDc.jpg

OEa8xII.jpg

dJCqYZj.jpg

EKNyvwj.jpg

Do follow me on Instagram if you like these pictures. I also blog about clothes and tailors. I have an really interesting interview-series with young tailors in the making.

dresden

Reaction score
Tailor had quite a few pieces of (Kiton, I think) cut cashmere last summer. Have never had a cashmere jacket made as an impulse buy. Should be done in January so I will have a few months to wear it. Maybe more in Holland.
45DFE138-C0D7-421B-92C5-ED3756F5671C.jpeg
82B47D36-D10E-4465-8105-AE793FBCFC16.png
540C15B5-EC85-4330-A380-73342342CBCB.png

Toninno

Reaction score
There is no real central thread about this, so here goes. Share the joy of anticipation! Show us pics of your current bespoke projects.

Currently, I have two projects in the works, shoes and a suit.

The shoes:

And the suit:

Beautiful craft

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
I had a first fitting with Mr. Di Pietro for the dark green three-piece suit that we had discussed two weeks ago. This also involved refinement of the proportions and details; I was a little underprepared when we first discussed it, so I threw a few too many ideas into the pot. The lapels on jacket and vest will be pared back, to about 4 1/2" and 3 1/2", respectively, the waistcoat will have a shawl rather than peak lapel, the trouser bottoms will plan rather than have vents and, in a case of adding a detail, the breast pocket will be jetted rather than welted. The half-belt back will probably be done away with too. Mr. Di Pietro wants to think about how to construct that as his first thought is that it will require a machine topstitch, which would clash with hand stitching on the rest of the suit. I'm increasingly inclined to agree that it would be out of place. (I actually had been under the impression that the feature had to be discarded due to lack of material, but evidently Mr. Di Pietro had enough left)

Dark Green Suit First Fitting.JPG

Yes, I know that it doesn't look like much in this state, although it did feel quite comfortable. (I took this while the tailor was preparing the sleeves to be pinned on) The fabric might look like it's black or charcoal grey, but under enough of the right light, one can discern that it's actually green. It's a wool and cashmere blend with a very interesting, almost felted feel. (N.b. those aren't the trousers that will go with it, they've been cut, but not assembled)

Mr. Di Pietro is still looking for a suitable covert cloth to make a coat of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads