1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

That is a very formal coat. Is that the finished sleeve length?

Nice to see Luca not wearing a Technicolor rainbow in this picture. Or is that his cousin?

2. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Hmmm, it looks like you have an endless supply of tweed. What's in store for the summer?

Also, any thoughts of trying a different configuration. That fabric screams for 3 roll 2.5 if your going to do a ticket pocket, or patch pockets if you plan on keeping it a 2 button, thoughts?

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

@Andy57 was nice enough to share his slot with me yesterday. A couple shots of my W. Bill Phoenix jacket

Possibly the next commission
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    11 people like this.
  4. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Looks great!

Murl do you have any more details about weight / composition of the bottom fabric in this pic

[​IMG]

5. Murlsquirl

I don't...but it's really nice.

6. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

No worries. Really caught my eye on their IG. Their cut looks good on you - can't wait to see the final product.

7. Murlsquirl

Thanks, it's quite a bit different from the first...chest is a lot leaner and quarters a bit more open. I thought I would send back my first with them, but after being able to wear it for over 6 months, I decided I like it the way it is.

8. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

If you're happy with it, that's what's important. Your pics seriously make me want to book an appointment when they're in Boston.

9. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

What's in store for summer is a new cream linen suit, a linen herringbone jacket, and a jacket made last Fall from @dieworkwear 's linen/silk blend. At least, that's what's new. Oh, and a linen safari jacket made by @CraftsmanCo

I like tweed. It's hard to say no. But I have wanted to obtain this particular London Lounge cloth for a while now, so it went to the head of the queue when I wore the previous owner down. I don't care for 3 roll 2 or 2.5. I also did not want patch pockets. I'm happy with the blue-ish jacket that I had made with inverted-pleat patch pockets and I might do something like that again. But this Shetland is being made up essentially in identical fashion to my Glenroyal jacket. That's my comfort zone.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I saw another customer's jacket in that LL cloth last year and thought looked tremendously good. Really nice color.

11. Murlsquirl

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Ah, I understand. I like tweed as well, but I find myself only reaching for it when I go to work. I find the fabric a bit too heavy and rustic for what I want when going out. I guess I will be sitting on some fabrics for a while.

13. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

That's fair. I would have to think hard, but when I'm at home I generally wouldn't wear a tweed jacket out in the evening (unless I've been out all day, I suppose). When I'm in the UK, for most of the year I might wear a tweed jacket in the evening if it's cool. My family lives out in the country, so it makes more sense.

What are fabrics are you sitting on?

14. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Is that herringbone a Donegal or is it one of the new LL herringbone linens? If the latter, I heartily recommend getting it made up. And that b/w houndstooth looks like quite a sophisticated fabric, easily able to transition from day to evening. Is it also a tweed?

16. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Is this the same WB14821 that Despos is making for me? He called me the second week of January to let me know he would be cutting it soon, so mine shouldn't be far behind yours.

17. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Is that Molloy & Sons? 610g? If so, what are you thinking of doing with it?

18. Murlsquirl

Yep, that's it.

19. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

On-going bespoke projects, good question...

I've got on order:
    - A W Bill cream linen suit broken down in sport coat to be made by Dalcuore and trousers by Ambrosi

[​IMG]

- A blue Donegal (P&H) sport coat by Stark & Sons

[​IMG]

- A potential raglan DB coat if I find the appropriate material, with Dalcuore as well

And I got the delivery of the final product of this jacket in Japanese jersey cotton (feels like a luxurious sweat shirt basically)

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  20. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

I just pulled the trigger on three items, two jackets and a pair of trousers. Its a new maker for the trousers and if they do a good job then I am switching. My current maker has been having trouble with my pents. Its like, do you even squat, bro?

Jacket 1 Wool from the Riviera boo. This fabric has a much higher "fuck you" quality to it in person :)
    [​IMG]

Jacket 2 Linen fromHuddersfield, 12-13 ounces
    [​IMG]

Trouser is a light gray from the VBC Sunny Seasons book, no pictures unfortunately.

I should have them all by April/ May and will report back.