1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. worthlessturtle

worthlessturtle Member

I've seen weakmonday reference Cisternino as well, not it isn't top secret anymore.

I went to Florence early November to choose the cloth and get me measured up, the first fitting was last thursday and another fitting on friday. As the fittings went well, Cisternino will now ship the suit. But if there would have been major problems with the fit, I would have returned to Florence for another fitting.

2. aph999

aph999 Senior member

Sorry I missed this topic first time around, but for those of you considering Florence for bespoke, you've got a couple Cisternino tailors as options - Rodolfo (see posts above, looks like great work) and Piero. For more on my experience with Piero you can check out my posts on 6 and 13 September '16. I'll return to him again next time I'm in Florence. I had to break up my first commission in two trips (after the first measurement) because I had only 4 days for each visit, but Piero works long hours to get the work done. I'm very happy with the two suits I had made.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    3 people like this.
  3. SartoriaMac

SartoriaMac Member

I agree with dfoverdx. Every tailor has their own style and more often than not asking them to do something other than they usually do can have poor results solely based on the fact that they aren't used to doing it that way. This is why many people try several tailors before they find the right match for them.
    It's probably too late, but when I cut and fit a suit for a client I try to have the armhole finish just under the armpit so that the client can let his arms down without the fabric curling into the armpit... Basically as high as I can get it without making it tight.

1 person likes this.
  4. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

The tailor already made the jacket and was finished. But I found the armhole to be too low. I didn't know it was going to be a problem after it was made. Do bespoke tailors re craft the jacket if the specs are off? Or do I pay more for the fix? I haven't taken the jacket yet. Thank you.

5. SartoriaMac

SartoriaMac Member

It would be pretty much impossible to fix an armhole that is too low unless it was too low by about 1cm... He would have to take away from the shoulder which would ultimately ruin the rest of the suit. Sorry.

6. Xancatrius

Xancatrius Senior member

Not sure if a bit off topic here but I was getting a polo coat commissioned and a tailor told me he wasn't comfortable with making one as he didn't have much confidence in doing up the collar

- from a purely technical POV, how different is a polo coat's collar vs a normal jacket's collar?

7. grahamBrowne

grahamBrowne Active Member

The top collar on a polo coat is usually a two piece collar they are relatively simple but some people might struggle with getting the size right and cotton is a cloth that doesn't have much give.
    Not that difficult but if people haven't made one before they don't like to take on things for fear of them not looking good enough.
    Where are you based?

8. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

I am not tailor so i don't know if it's possible or not. If you have a good relation with your tailor and pretty happy with this work then talk to him and explain the situation. However if you are not really happy with overall work then forget it and try another tailor.
    By the way did you make fittings without sleeves ? It's easy to see the armhole (inside and outside) area during fittings without sleeves.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  9. grahamBrowne

grahamBrowne Active Member

Go to your tailor and talk about any questions and worries you have they are there to help :)

10. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Silk/linen blend "Summer Tweed" by Die Work Wear - second fitting from Sartoria Corcos. Unfortunately, the studios of tailors does not really provide a good setting for color correct photography, but I tried to compensate in Photoshop to provide a decent representation of the cloth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking forward to more cloth runs Derek!

18 people like this.
  11. Winot

Winot Senior member

Stunning. Looking forward to having mine made into an SB suit by Elia Caliendo - will start that in the next month.

12. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

That's awesome!

13. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Lovely cloth, pity I missed this run.

14. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Senior member

A while back I promised pictures of bespoke overcoats. Here is one - a chesterfield by Steed. Navy camel/wool blend from memory. Sorry for the crappy mirror selfie photo. Hopefully you will be able to tell something of the shape however

Will try to take one of the DB and the new C&M DB (fitting next week) asap

R-O-T

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Senior member

And here is the outfit without overcoat and scarf. It is a Chittleborough & Morgan blazer in (I think) Smith's Botany, with a pair of Ambrosi worsted trousers, Vass oxblood longwings, a Charvet tie and a Sean O'Flynn shirt. Casual Friday client meetings

R-O-T

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  16. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Good shit, pants look too skinny though as it to be expected from Ambrosi

17. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

Jacket looks great. Would love to see more pics it and other C&M.

18. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Looks good! You're really going to enjoy that jacket! [​IMG]

Has anyone made up the Fresco yet?

19. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

@Leaves is this Loro Piana Pecora fabric?

[​IMG]

20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

That looks great! Really like Kotaro's work.

C&M jacket looks good. How do you like the company? I've been thinking about giving one of those more structured shoulder houses a try.