• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdang

Reaction score
Pics of the finished jacket.

Looking at the entire thing makes me forget about the lapel buttonhole altogether.

448423755_478068404698327_1461294267260703351_n.jpg

448264762_456332197334039_8726951697145265346_n.jpg

PSNY

Reaction score
Repost from the Solito thread. Picked up last week from Solito during their trunk show in NYC. House style largely unchanged, short of roomier sleeves and upper back (lat area), slightly longer length, and extended shoulders (Luigi's recommendation). Fabric is VBC hopsack.

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 12.27.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 12.26.56 PM.png

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was with the OG @gazman70k on Friday and he still didn't tell who #mbt is 😂😜
Hahaha. That mbt has been mentioned on these forums. That’s the only hint I’ll give you. Otherwise not my place to reveal.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torsion

Reaction score
Hahaha. That mbt has been mentioned on these forums. That’s the only hint I’ll give you. Otherwise not my place to reveal.
Tbh doesn't matter to me, was a passing comment/joke when I was chatting to Gary.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Repost from the Solito thread. Picked up last week from Solito during their trunk show in NYC. House style largely unchanged, short of roomier sleeves and upper back (lat area), slightly longer length, and extended shoulders (Luigi's recommendation). Fabric is VBC hopsack.

Looks great, I love the fit and the proportions. A lovely shade as well.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Maison Hellard or Solbiati Art Du Lin, what made you choose the fox linen?

I went with the fox for the weight, it ended up being WAY heavier than I anticipated. It's a tank. I don't have experience with MH or SADL, but I have heard good things.

My next two will likely be W.Bill and Dugdale, but I do have a length of the MH light blue overcheck on hold with my tailor for a jacket.

-DL

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the fox for the weight, it ended up being WAY heavier than I anticipated. It's a tank. I don't have experience with MH or SADL, but I have heard good things.

My next two will likely be W.Bill and Dugdale, but I do have a length of the MH light blue overcheck on hold with my tailor for a jacket.

-DL
Good to know, I wonder if the heavier linens are meant for unstructured safari jackets.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

-DL
The light blue MH is definitely worth making up. I wore mine today and I like it more and more each time I pull it out.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Najmah Nafeesa