• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

I have a DB suit in the Fox midnight blue serge being made up, it's also 18/19 oz. It will be my heaviest suit but I really wanted to see what fabric this heavy feels like.

This is the heaviest coat I own and that includes a 25oz. wool herringbone overcoating fabric from Fox that I had made into a sport coat. It’s like wearing a weighted blanket.

Not a complaint, just the reality.

-DL.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the heaviest coat I own and that includes a 25oz. wool herringbone overcoating fabric from Fox that I had made into a sport coat. It’s like wearing a weighted blanket.

Not a complaint, just the reality.

-DL.
What fabrics are you wearing in the heart of summer?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresco, linen and (solid) seersucker. I don't typically wear tailoring in the summer, so when I do its one of these 3. The super heavyweight hopsack is the exception.

-DL
Any thoughts on Maison Hellard or Solbiati Art Du Lin, what made you choose the fox linen?

ZRH1

Reaction score
for fans of very heavy linen, Hellard has a small selection of Osaka made cloth at 500gr, albeit in their softer twill.

ZRH1

Reaction score
Nice.

I have a DB suit in the Fox midnight blue serge being made up, it's also 18/19 oz. It will be my heaviest suit but I really wanted to see what fabric this heavy feels like.
is that their barathea limited edition? I have it and like it very much, but it is at the peak of weight for my tastes.

PSNY

Reaction score
Latest order from Cerrato. Both are Holland and Sherry, one CrispAir one flannel. Turned out lovely, good amount of hand work and attention to detail. CrispAir is next to impossible to wrinkle too.

Attachments

• IMG_4178.jpeg
    IMG_4178.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4177.jpeg
    IMG_4177.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4176.jpeg
    IMG_4176.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

twuthetiger

Reaction score
Finally collected my jacket and trousers from Solito. The trouser is made from Caccioppoli 12 oz linen in beige. The cloth feels breathable in the humid summer. The fit is well overall?? I didn't feel any restrictions wearing it throughout the day in NYC and on my plane home to Boston.

The jacket is made with some vintage 10-11 oz wool tweed cloth. I thought the texture was a twill initially but upon close inspection it looks like almost a micro herringbone. Love how it comes out as it is on the more casual side of a navy jacket. The jackets fits extremely comfortable but still has really good shape. Nothing really to complain about besides the corozo buttons as I prefer horn. Jacket may need a light ironing though.

So TLDR, pretty happy with Solito's work.
IMG_3879.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3912.jpeg
    IMG_3912.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3882.jpeg
    IMG_3882.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3880.jpeg
    IMG_3880.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 102

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally collected my jacket and trousers from Solito. The trouser is made from Caccioppoli 12 oz linen in beige. The cloth feels breathable in the humid summer. The fit is well overall?? I didn't feel any restrictions wearing it throughout the day in NYC and on my plane home to Boston.

The jacket is made with some vintage 10-11 oz wool tweed cloth. I thought the texture was a twill initially but upon close inspection it looks like almost a micro herringbone. Love how it comes out as it is on the more casual side of a navy jacket. The jackets fits extremely comfortable but still has really good shape. Nothing really to complain about besides the corozo buttons as I prefer horn. Jacket may need a light ironing though.

View attachment 2200729 View attachment 2200731 View attachment 2200723
Wear it in good health, my friend!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of my favorite facets of bespoke tailoring (and alternatively one that drives me NUTS with RTW and even high end MTM) is the placement of patch hip pockets.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score

beautiful drapey old school neapolitan coat. sleeve pitch may need some tweaking (minor) but i really like the outcome otherwise.

twuthetiger

Reaction score
beautiful drapey old school neapolitan coat. sleeve pitch may need some tweaking (minor) but i really like the outcome otherwise.
I know of noticed my right sleeves look weird in the elbow area across different tailors.. this Pirozzi has similar things

Attachments

• IMG_3885.jpeg
    IMG_3885.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 84

PSNY

Reaction score
Pants and jacket look great, did you request a more roomy fit from Luigi? Fabric is beautiful too, you should post in the Solito thread as well. Solito also has horn buttons, I believe at trunk shows he brings a little display of all the buttons he has available.

twuthetiger

Reaction score
Pants and jacket look great, did you request a more roomy fit from Luigi? Fabric is beautiful too, you should post in the Solito thread as well. Solito also has horn buttons, I believe at trunk shows he brings a little display of all the buttons he has available.
Yeah told him sometimes I'll wear it over a jumper is layer so he cut a bit roomy. Wish I knew he had horn too. I thought all neaploitans just offer corozo or mother of pearl lol

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah told him sometimes I'll wear it over a jumper is layer so he cut a bit roomy. Wish I knew he had horn too. I thought all neaploitans just offer corozo or mother of pearl lol
Those look like horn buttons to me. I have a few Neapolitan jackets with similar buttons where I requested horn.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvid2kkrr