• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ssmart3

Reaction score
My order (all single breasted)
- Tricotine suit
- Terracotta Carlo Barbera wool-silk-linen jacket
- Air Force Blue silk-linen jacket (interesting streaky texture)
- Of course, gotta get a dope tweed.

View attachment 2194149

Hi @tdang, may I check your (and anyone else’s) thoughts on Drapers Tricotine? Does it have a wet or dry hand? Does it seem like it will wear warm or cool? I have thought for awhile that the wool-cotton mix could be a nice blend and that the twills in Three Kings could work well for odd trousers. Thanks!

tdang

Reaction score
Hi @tdang, may I check your (and anyone else’s) thoughts on Drapers Tricotine? Does it have a wet or dry hand? Does it seem like it will wear warm or cool? I have thought for awhile that the wool-cotton mix could be a nice blend and that the twills in Three Kings could work well for odd trousers. Thanks!
I have no experience with a finished article, but the hand feel is semi-wet.

I like that it drapes like wool but doesn't have the "oily" look of worsteds. I'll have a better idea at the fitting I guess.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi fellas,

SartoJun came to Hanoi this weekend and meeting him (as well as Chan from the store Barbershop in Seoul) was a blast. Some snaps from the trunk show (thanks to the exceedingly kind @hieu__chu for the photos and the company).

View attachment 2194139

View attachment 2194143

View attachment 2194145

My order (all single breasted)
- Tricotine suit
- Terracotta Carlo Barbera wool-silk-linen jacket
- Air Force Blue silk-linen jacket (interesting streaky texture)
- Of course, gotta get a dope tweed.

View attachment 2194149

Bonus: something came in the mail yesterday - the cloth collab between Taillour and Maison Hellard. Thanks to Lee from Taillour for allocating me a length!

View attachment 2194151

This looks lovely. Any information?

IMG_0266.jpeg

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
Meanwhile, I had the 2nd fitting for my new suit. The fabric is a Super 160s from Loro Piana in medium grey. For the trousers, you can see how much better and almost perfect they already are. For the jacket it was the first fitting and still some adjustments (like taking waist out, some work on the back and length and the shoulders) are needed.

IMG_8252.JPEG

IMG_8253.JPEG

IMG_8254.JPEG

IMG_8255.JPEG

IMG_8264.JPEG

IMG_8261.JPEG

IMG_8258.JPEG

IMG_8259.JPEG

IMG_8260.JPEG

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saved this link a while back and ordered swatch to look at a few days ago. This fabric is on my short list.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saved this link a while back and ordered swatch to look at a few days ago. This fabric is on my short list.

Why that over a wool gabardine like @aristoi bcn was looking at a few pages back. To me, wool gabardine would be an awesome suit to have. I just need the weather for it.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a DB shawl collar dinner suit in progress in Smiths Woolens wool/kid mohair barathea blend.

The question is what should the facings of the lapel be? Should it be silk satin or grosgrain? I prefer a matte finish (so grosgrain) but my tailor pointed out that the lapels are likely to be more matte than the suit (due to the mohair). He also said that this silk satin isn't very shiny. What do you all think? What have you used?

The facings come from Bernstein and Banleys, so here are the two options:
1. silk satin: https://www.theliningcompany.co.uk/trimmings/silk-facings/18-silk-satin-facing-black/
2. grosgrain: https://www.theliningcompany.co.uk/trimmings/silk-facings/18-all-silk-cord-facing-black/

Thanks!
My preference is for satin with shawl and grosgrain with peak lapels. But I have done both inverse and ultimately it's your preference!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alabaster7