• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
429380134_1066311561290624_134418471309088482_n.jpg

Porter & Harding Hartwist
I wish that I had the shape to wear the shape in that jacket.

dench127

Reaction score
Very Steedish these lapels. Hitchcock usually doesn’t belly them as much.
Yeah! I didn't ask for that much belly. I did ask for a slightly wider lapel than the last single breasted coat I got from him (like 1/4 inch maybe). Very happy with the shape though.

I hear people say Hitchcock cuts a leaner coat than Steed but I've actually gotten a more draped coat from him than Steed.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah! I didn't ask for that much belly. I did ask for a slightly wider lapel than the last single breasted coat I got from him (like 1/4 inch maybe). Very happy with the shape though.

I hear people say Hitchcock cuts a leaner coat than Steed but I've actually gotten a more draped coat from him than Steed.
Simply gorgeous!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a blue linen. View attachment 2140201 And a blue wool silk linen. View attachment 2140203
A blue cotton could be sweet though. Good idea.
What is the end goal of buying multiple suits in different iterations of blue? What about a grey or green sport coat, or a tan linen or cotton suit? Variety is the spice of life.

Also, blue is very formal from my point of view. How do your coworkers dress and how do they perceive you?

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the end goal of buying multiple suits in different iterations of blue? What about a grey or green sport coat, or a tan linen or cotton suit? Variety is the spice of life.

Also, blue is very formal from my point of view. How do your coworkers dress and how do they perceive you?

Well he could have chosen pink as his go to color

IMG_0800.jpeg

hitsuji

Reaction score
First ever bespoke project.

Not the best pictures but just had a first fitting for a SC made with the LL Ultimate Blazer.

A few adjustments are needed on the front but the back fits like a dream, so cant wait for the next fittings and final make up.

Attachments

• IMG_8056.jpeg
    IMG_8056.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8052.jpeg
    IMG_8052.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 126

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I’m wearing tailoring, 90% of the time it’s for work and suits are still the norm in my industry and expected. Ties have started to fade for some people who try to dress their outfits down. People wear sport coats on Fridays occasionally. I’ll wear them if I just have some low key meetings or a lunch. For me, most days this means navy suit, pale blue shirt, black oxfords and conservative tie.

As for how people perceive me, I’m not out of place in a suit but I do get compliments on always looking good and have ended up introducing about a dozen colleagues to my tailor.

camez_

Reaction score
First ever bespoke project.

Not the best pictures but just had a first fitting for a SC made with the LL Ultimate Blazer.

A few adjustments are needed on the front but the back fits like a dream, so cant wait for the next fittings and final make up.

looks great, who's the tailor?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful cut. Fabric a bit outre' for me.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m wearing tailoring, 90% of the time it’s for work and suits are still the norm in my industry and expected. Ties have started to fade for some people who try to dress their outfits down. People wear sport coats on Fridays occasionally. I’ll wear them if I just have some low key meetings or a lunch. For me, most days this means navy suit, pale blue shirt, black oxfords and conservative tie.

As for how people perceive me, I’m not out of place in a suit but I do get compliments on always looking good and have ended up introducing about a dozen colleagues to my tailor.
For me, a navy suit is the ultimate expression of a tailors cut / silhouette. The fabric doesn’t stand out but the cut does. It allows you to focus and dial in on the things the matter vs. ostentatious details.

Nothing beats a well cut navy suit. But if your tailor isn’t good, I understand why you’d want to distract them with crazy fabrics.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All good but lets start adding in some different looks to the plain blue textured suits.

Dugdale 9431
dug00689_1.jpg

Dugdale 9429
dug00687_1.jpg

Dugdale 9424
dug00682_1.jpg

va23-700x700.JPG

77107-700x700.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 5.16.20 PM.png

sw6218-700x700.jpg

sw6219-700x700.jpg

sw6216-700x700.jpg

img_7054-jpeg.2130685

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads