• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea I tried on the RTW version, I like it but struggle to see how often I would wear it other than “force” it all the time.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
In real life nobody but 0,0001% of people (mostly SF members ;)) would notice any difference between Sexton one and any other „less dramatic” coat posted here. It’s a very nice coat, I would wear it and I can even imagine it being my only coat. But I also wear pagoda shouldered power suit from time to time… Sure it’s very dramatic from the classic menswear enthusiasts point of view, but it does not bring any more attention than my other suits among „normal” people.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking about this question more. I suspect maxamilion mucska could deliver what you’re looking for.

Not my aesthetic but he might be worth considering - and I heard he’s priced quite fairly. He’s in Slovakia so cost of living is Lower which often helps in the affordability element. But I have no first hand experience so take it with a grain of salt.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beautiful uniform coat should be worn with the appropriate
decorations no doubt widely available from the time your city
was klnown as Pressburg. I cherish mine, earned in Sunday
School and High School.

mp94

Reaction score
Yep, a suit!

Sadly no, it's something I dug out of an old tailors shop in Milan.

Here are some shots of the fabric before Liverano cut it, the only only marking was the selavge says "Superfine Worsted All Wool England". It was inspired by something Alan See has from a while back. His is Fox.

View attachment 2107819 View attachment 2107821 View attachment 2107823 View attachment 2107817
Two deliveries from Liverano, both are about as perfect as I could ask for!
IMG_4336.jpg
IMG_4338.jpg

dresden

Reaction score
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_1523.jpeg
IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1527.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_1543.jpeg
I had to move from boring Europe back to even more boring west coast America a year ago. Had a last minute trip to Naples to pick up a huge stack of work and close my tab before I left. It was all on a ship and in a storage space until now. Finally unpacking and able to remeber what was there and try it on.
Here are too many end of day hotel room pics after work, travel and a grandkids basketball game, then next morning for another travel day. Shirt, suit and tie are all bespoke. Happy with the shirt and trouser fit but always happy for feedback and improvement. The jacket also fits great. I’ve never said this before but I think it might be too long. Does it need to be shortened a few cm?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2113785 View attachment 2113787 View attachment 2113789 View attachment 2113791 View attachment 2113793 View attachment 2113795 View attachment 2113797 I had to move from boring Europe back to even more boring west coast America a year ago. Had a last minute trip to Naples to pick up a huge stack of work and close my tab before I left. It was all on a ship and in a storage space until now. Finally unpacking and able to remeber what was there and try it on.
Here are too many end of day hotel room pics after work, travel and a grandkids basketball game, then next morning for another travel day. Shirt, suit and tie are all bespoke. Happy with the shirt and trouser fit but always happy for feedback and improvement. The jacket also fits great. I’ve never said this before but I think it might be too long. Does it need to be shortened a few cm?

Can you set a timer on your phone and take a photo without holding it up as a selfie? It’s hard to get an accurate gauge on fit.

Honestly, it’s a little bit long, but I didn’t notice it until reading your post and you pointed it out. I wouldn’t think “wow that guys suit is long.” To me, is extremely wearable - we could nitpick if we must, but I would wear it in good health & be happy with the results.

Marshak

Reaction score
View attachment 2113785 View attachment 2113787 View attachment 2113789 View attachment 2113791 View attachment 2113793 View attachment 2113795 View attachment 2113797 I had to move from boring Europe back to even more boring west coast America a year ago. Had a last minute trip to Naples to pick up a huge stack of work and close my tab before I left. It was all on a ship and in a storage space until now. Finally unpacking and able to remeber what was there and try it on.

It seems too long but as the others said the pic angle can be tricky. Overall it seems excellent fit and tailoring. Who's the tailor?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As others said, it looks a little too long, but difficult to say from the angle of your pictures. And yes, more so on a Neapolitan jacket. Was it on your request, or did the tailor choose that length?

dresden

Reaction score
I would definitely shorten it
I’m thinking about it. Just worried it will turn out like Cromptons Rubinacci jacket. 2-3 cm should do the trick just hope it’s not too close to the pocket.
Can you set a timer on your phone and take a photo without holding it up as a selfie? It’s hard to get an accurate gauge on fit.

Honestly, it’s a little bit long, but I didn’t notice it until reading your post and you pointed it out. I wouldn’t think “wow that guys suit is long.” To me, is extremely wearable - we could nitpick if we must, but I would wear it in good health & be happy with the results.
I will try the timer and get a couple different angle shots this weekend. It’s a three piece suit, just wasn’t cold enough for three piece flannel those days. Maybe I’ll take a pic with the vest but I don’t think that will shorten the jacket.
It seems too long but as the others said the pic angle can be tricky. Overall it seems excellent fit and tailoring. Who's the tailor?
a7d090ab-6b4d-4405-883f-7545a1568767.jpeg
She’s a great tailor. As I was picking up all my orders, they were moving from Naples to Frescati, outside of Rome. Her, her partner and a friend who introduced us worked for a couple years to get the fit of the trousers and jackets down. As you all know, after all the bespoke nightmares, even just the mediocre, it’s so sad to leave a tailor that’s so good and you get along with.
As others said, it looks a little too long, but difficult to say from the angle of your pictures. And yes, more so on a Neapolitan jacket. Was it on your request, or did the tailor choose that length?
was my request. she usually doesn’t let me make bad choices. Or at least says it’s a bad idea but if you want to I will. I had started experimenting with more casual suits and jackets. Lower buttoning point, longer jacket, wider lapels, lower gorge, more relaxed fit. I think I pushed it too far with this length. Worked really well on a summer suit but it must not have been this long.

yanagi

Reaction score
I’m thinking about it. Just worried it will turn out like Cromptons Rubinacci jacket. 2-3 cm should do the trick just hope it’s not too close to the pocket.

Your jacket, your choice, of course; but IMO, I'd leave it be.

I concur that it's a touch long. I just don't think it's worth the risk to mess with the length (UNLESS Maestra La Montagna herself agrees and does the shortening).

I love the con rollino shoulders BTW.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Churrolover