• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BomTrady

Reaction score
It’s a little creepy, but if it works for you I will a

I’m struggling to figure out your link but it seems like you have over 7000 posts and exactly zero bespoke commissions. If you can post in this thread surely everyone else can.
Did you go back and read all 7000 of his posts? Who’s the stalker? Anyway, it’s time to let this go. You offered up criticisms to people who take their time and energy to post shots for the community, and not necessarily constructively, but certainly ostensibly based on your own bespoke experience. I merely suggested that, based on your critiques, and your past discussions where you so casually worked in mentioning your bespoke shoes and clothing, that you post and show us all how it’s supposed to be done. Let’s see what you think great bespoke actually is, based on your clearly very high standards. Now, you don’t have to post clearly, but it helps. Anyone can read Simon’s and Kirby’s blog posts and repeat the critiques that we’ve all heard many times over. But you then provided the most lame excuse ever for not posting (it would be too confusing to post finished projects in an "on-going” thread and your bespoke is so perfect you don’t need to take interim pics). And then followed up your excuses with your homophobic witticisms. Then you started back-tracking…”uh…duh….ahem…I never said I had a tailor….” No, you didn't, but you insinuated the sh*t out of it. Frankly, it was at that very moment that I realized you are simply a troll and I started to feel sorry for you. No one said you can’t post here. In fact, you’re being told the opposite; that you should and could post your pictures here. You seem to be very confused. So post or don't post. But dispense with the silly excuses. We've wasted enough time clowning around.

Last edited:

Megakurth

Reaction score
2 appointments for acetate frames. Each one took about an hour. I'm not sure if more are required for shell or horn frames.

1. Pick out frame shape, color, and get measured.
2. Fine tune frames to make sure it fits your face properly.

I didn't need to do eye examination for my prescription since I already had a recent one from my local optometrist. I just emailed it to them sometime between the first and second appointment.
Any reason other than cost that you went Acetate vs Horn?

Dark Star

Reaction score
Did you go back and read all 7000 of his posts? Who’s the stalker? Anyway, it’s time to let this go. You offered up criticisms to people who take their time and energy to post shots for the community, and not necessarily constructively, but certainly ostensibly based on your own bespoke experience. I merely suggested that, based on your critiques, and your past discussions where you so casually worked in mentioning your bespoke shoes and clothing, that you post and show us all how it’s supposed to be done. Let’s see what you think great bespoke actually is, based on your clearly very high standards. Now, you don’t have to post clearly, but it helps. Anyone can read Simon’s and Kirby’s blog posts and repeat the critiques that we’ve all heard many times over. But you then provided the most lame excuse ever for not posting (it would be too confusing to post finished projects in an "on-going” thread and your bespoke is so perfect you don’t need to take interim pics). And then followed up your excuses with your homophobic witticisms. Then you started back-tracking…”uh…duh….ahem…I never said I had a tailor….” No, you didn't, but you insinuated the sh*t out of it. Frankly, it was at that very moment that I realized you are simply a troll and I started to feel sorry for you. No one said you can’t post here. In fact, you’re being told the opposite; that you should and could post your pictures here. You seem to be very confused. So post or don't post. But dispense with the silly excuses. We've wasted enough time clowning around.
Someone’s angry…

TheJoker932

Reaction score
sorry to break up the conversation like this but you know what its like trying to get a new thread answered on this forum

I had some waistcoats adjusted recently, I bought them in a second hand shop but they were a good make and in great condition
but the tailor who did the job wasn't the best I'm afraid and now when the bottom button is undone the waistcoat pulls apart at the bottom showing my dress shirt and makes me look like peter wyngarde

I also know for a fact its not the size, I had my guitarist try it on yesterday and he's built like an anorexic beanpole and he had the same issue
anybody got any advice?

garigo

Reaction score
Completed bespoke project of Maison Bonnet acetate glasses. These fit so much better than all of my other glasses. I think I’m going to start a pair of prescription sunglasses next time I go to Paris

View attachment 1926457 View attachment 1926459
Very nice result! Can you say a bit more about how how you ended up choosing this shape? And would you say the construction and materials feel very different from more widely available brands (Moscot, Julius Tart), or is it mainly the fit that makes them worth it to you?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to break up the conversation like this but you know what its like trying to get a new thread answered on this forum

I had some waistcoats adjusted recently, I bought them in a second hand shop but they were a good make and in great condition
but the tailor who did the job wasn't the best I'm afraid and now when the bottom button is undone the waistcoat pulls apart at the bottom showing my dress shirt and makes me look like peter wyngarde

I also know for a fact its not the size, I had my guitarist try it on yesterday and he's built like an anorexic beanpole and he had the same issue
anybody got any advice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads