1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I really like the cut of their jackets. The tailoring is soft, but it has more shape than what you'd get out of a totally unstructured garment.

2. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Wait for the finished product first.

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

What? You mean you can't tell from the pre-first fitting mock up of the jacket as modeled by someone other than the person who placed the order?

1 person likes this.
  4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

That's the plan...why I said "highly likely".

No idea what bry2000 is on about...think someone took the jam out of his donut.

2 people like this.
  5. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

All good. Good luck with the sport coat!

1 person likes this.
  6. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Had a fitting for a suit where the baste/forward fitting looked better than the finished product. You never know what you're going to get.

7. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Eh, it's a bit of a useless picture to anyone but you, and even for you it just gives you a sense of how the cloth looks made up. I'd still prefer that on a tailor's dummy than some person who is not your height/build as well. I mean it's nice they are willing to send pictures and what not, but I don't think it's all that necessary or some amazing selling point. Now something to double check things are written down correctly on your order, that I can get behind.

I'm sure everyone is hoping you're happy with the final product, but I'd guess the commentary is more so on the usefulness of that picture. Lovely cloth choice.

8. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Haha. Lordsuperb, were you an old Darren Beaman customer, too?

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I dont think he was using it to see if it would fit him or not. Just using it to see how the cloth looks, and where the progress is at.

10. Murlsquirl

Totally agree that the picture is only good for seeing how the cloth looks made up. I never said it did anything more and neither did Steed. I highly doubt he send pictures like this to all of their customers, but I asked him to send whatever he could. I'm glad he did. He could have thrown it on a small child for all I care...it's just nice to see the progress.

1 person likes this.
  11. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Agreed, murl, thanks for sharing. The fact you have to spend time defending the merits of a photo you took time to share with us is beyond stupid. I enjoy seeing this type if stuff and everytime someone shares I get a brief flash of that excited anticipation that one has with a commission in process.

4 people like this.
  12. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

What happened to the lower back of your jackets? Have they been like that from the very beginning or did you e.g. gain weight?

13. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I'm picking up my grey sharkskin suit from BnT today

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  14. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Obviously, he and I said as much, I was more so commenting on the following discussion. A couple people said it's good marketing/word of mouth, I don't really agree. It's certainly a nice bonus as a customer to have the tailor take pictures for you if you request them. Bet asked why he wanted that pic, the answer was to see the cloth, it made sense. I was just bored and disagreed with some of the follow ups.

15. greger

greger Senior member

With a human model wearing it you can ask him to take on the posture of the customer. A tailor's dummy can't do those things, and the measurements might be further off. It's not for exacto fitting but, general. A simple visualization aid. Some tailors put on the garment to see if their figurings is close to right, and not the other way. Certainly don't want to bring the customer in to find out the figurings went the wrong way. A small correction at the true fitting (customer fitting) is better than major changes. Plus, you don't want to waste the customers time.

16. Murlsquirl

Your picture is worthless, SMcF.

Kidding...that looks awesome.

17. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I know, you can't even see the front. Pfft

18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

"Jack, come here and look sad and defeated."

6 people like this.
  19. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

The back of the jackets is perfect. I know it looks like my ass is a shelf for the tail of the coat but it isn't. Sometimes things look off when you take a quick pic of yourself trying to accentuate a certain feature and post it on the internet. Jackets move with the wearer so something things don't look exactly right. Here is the profile. It sits perfectly. You should just assume if I own it then it is perfect and anything you see wrong is an optical illusion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    2 people like this.
  20. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

What's ironic is, given the lighting, this grey suit could actually be confused as brown [​IMG]

1 person likes this.