1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Davarpanah

Davarpanah Well-Known Member

2. Davarpanah

I totally agree with you with regards to the overcoat. Actually, the overcoat is going back - so it can be altered. The right shoulder especially can look weird at times !

3. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior Member

Possibly a little tight in the chest, yes, but disagree about the shoulders - they look great. I think narrow shoulder lines are a curse that came with tiny lapels.

4. sprout2

sprout2 Distinguished Member

5. Sander

Sander Distinguished Member

So far I'm at one, but who knows! :smarmy:
    This is always difficult to judge from one, probably not ideal, photo. But here it looks like your shoulders are more sloped than the jacket accounts for.

6. TheTukker

TheTukker Distinguished Member

Extending the shoulder line is a good move; looks much better! If the jacket's really that long, then it's probably just the camera angle that makes it look short. If it feels good to you, I wouldn't worry about it.
    This interesting; please post pictures when he has altered the shoulder. He accommodated it well on the jacket, so curious to see what he will be able to do on the coat (which may be more challenging; not sure).

7. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

I very rarely share pictures on SF, but I thought I'd add a shot of my recent wedding suit. Sorry that I dont have a robo pose available...

Loro Piana Winter Tasmania 150s for those who are interested, colors are very accurate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

8. bdavro23

And in keeping with SF expectations, there was a wardrobe change for the reception:

[​IMG]

Also Loro Piana, from the Events collection.

9. sprout2

sprout2 Distinguished Member

10. bdavro23

Merci

11. TheTukker

TheTukker Distinguished Member

+2; who's the maker?

12. bdavro23

Romualdo's in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am very pleased with the results I have gotten from them over the years.

13. Davarpanah

I think its more difficult to alter the shoulders on the coat. The coat is actually made, so I can have a jacket beneath it, which I don't have on the picture i posted ! Therefor the shoulders will automatical follow the line if the jacket beneath and not my shoulders, when wearing a jacket. I stressed the point of not looking totally square when wearing the coat - when I commissioned the work - but I'm not happy with the right shoulder, as it drops more than the left. But I'll post a picture of the coat, while wearing a jacket beneath.

14. Anden

Anden Distinguished Member

On subject of green jackets - someone with a nordic complexity like @Sander and myself has a lot of use for green jackets. There are so many great shades of green too. I have four green SC:s and one green suit and they are all in my favourite section of my wardrobe.

15. Sander

Sander Distinguished Member

+1.

Also, here are the promised better pictures: