• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Davarpanah

Reaction score

Davarpanah

Reaction score
+2 on length and tightness. Also, he accommodated your dropped right shoulder well on the jacket; but I am afraid less so on the overcoat.
I totally agree with you with regards to the overcoat. Actually, the overcoat is going back - so it can be altered. The right shoulder especially can look weird at times !

Stugotes

Reaction score
Jacket looks way too short, IMO. Also looks a bit tight, but oddly extended along the shoulder line.

Possibly a little tight in the chest, yes, but disagree about the shoulders - they look great. I think narrow shoulder lines are a curse that came with tiny lapels.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The instagram pics are stunning. How many green jackets can a man justify? Surely it must be double-digits, right?
So far I'm at one, but who knows! :smarmy:
The problem with the shoulder line is - my odd shoulders :) See this jacket below - where the shoulder line isn't extended ! But maybe you mean something else ? And the jacket does almost cover my butt - maybe 1-2 cm above it.
This is always difficult to judge from one, probably not ideal, photo. But here it looks like your shoulders are more sloped than the jacket accounts for.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problem with the shoulder line is - my odd shoulders :) See this jacket below - where the shoulder line isn't extended ! But maybe you mean something else ? And the jacket does almost cover my butt - maybe 1-2 cm above it.
Extending the shoulder line is a good move; looks much better! If the jacket's really that long, then it's probably just the camera angle that makes it look short. If it feels good to you, I wouldn't worry about it.
I totally agree with you with regards to the overcoat. Actually, the overcoat is going back - so it can be altered. The right shoulder especially can look weird at times !
This interesting; please post pictures when he has altered the shoulder. He accommodated it well on the jacket, so curious to see what he will be able to do on the coat (which may be more challenging; not sure).

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very rarely share pictures on SF, but I thought I'd add a shot of my recent wedding suit. Sorry that I dont have a robo pose available...

Loro Piana Winter Tasmania 150s for those who are interested, colors are very accurate.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in keeping with SF expectations, there was a wardrobe change for the reception:

Also Loro Piana, from the Events collection.

Davarpanah

Reaction score
Extending the shoulder line is a good move; looks much better! If the jacket's really that long, then it's probably just the camera angle that makes it look short. If it feels good to you, I wouldn't worry about it.
This interesting; please post pictures when he has altered the shoulder. He accommodated it well on the jacket, so curious to see what he will be able to do on the coat (which may be more challenging; not sure).
I think its more difficult to alter the shoulders on the coat. The coat is actually made, so I can have a jacket beneath it, which I don't have on the picture i posted ! Therefor the shoulders will automatical follow the line if the jacket beneath and not my shoulders, when wearing a jacket. I stressed the point of not looking totally square when wearing the coat - when I commissioned the work - but I'm not happy with the right shoulder, as it drops more than the left. But I'll post a picture of the coat, while wearing a jacket beneath.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On subject of green jackets - someone with a nordic complexity like @Sander and myself has a lot of use for green jackets. There are so many great shades of green too. I have four green SC:s and one green suit and they are all in my favourite section of my wardrobe.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Extremely nice all around.

+1.

Also, here are the promised better pictures:

Picked up the jacket + pants and decided to wear them directly. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads