• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

acapaca

Reaction score
Nice. I guess he took all your measurements, as opposed to copying a pair? Curious what weight linen you went with and where you sourced it. Fit looks pretty solid to me!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a linen safari jacket made in a similiar shade of blue, and it was incredibly tough to pair with anything.
I really like that color and think I could pair it with any number of things in my wardrobe. Doesn't seem overly complex.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like that color and think I could pair it with any number of things in my wardrobe. Doesn't seem overly complex.
Any suggestions? DM if you want, so as to not further sidetrack Marshak's commission.

Marshak

Reaction score
Curious to see how you pair this one.

I had a linen safari jacket made in a similiar shade of blue, and it was incredibly tough to pair with anything.
Other members already answered. I think it'll contrast smoothly with trousers in a light grey Crispaire I have for example.

Last edited:

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Curious to see how you pair this one.

The color is incredibly versatile; I have a blazer-suit in that shade and it's the only suit where the jacket might very well wear out before the pants, I use it so much. The problem is that safari jackets are inherently ridiculous if you're not either a drawing in an issue of Apparel Arts or some upper class twit named Sir Cyril Sedgwickethlow, 1st Earl Wickethlowthenshire, on a gap-year 1950s jaunt through Southern Rhodesia. If there's one other way that COVID screwed us, it's that for some godforsaken reason, the smart-casual-hybrid-WFH-future-of-tailoring movement made room for this relic. I know I'm in the extreme minority now and sound like a grumpy old man, but when you're all getting rid of these things in two years I am petty enough to remember when you got them, and will be there to yell I told you so.

Marshak

Reaction score
The color is incredibly versatile; I have a blazer-suit in that shade and it's the only suit where the jacket might very well wear out before the pants, I use it so much. The problem is that safari jackets are inherently ridiculous if you're not either a drawing in an issue of Apparel Arts or some upper class twit named Sir Cyril Sedgwickethlow, 1st Earl Wickethlowthenshire, on a gap-year 1950s jaunt through Southern Rhodesia. If there's one other way that COVID screwed us, it's that for some godforsaken reason, the smart-casual-hybrid-WFH-future-of-tailoring movement made room for this relic. I know I'm in the extreme minority now and sound like a grumpy old man, but when you're all getting rid of these things in two years I am petty enough to remember when you got them, and will be there to yell I told you so.
For sure the Safari jacket will join the Gurkha trousers in the cemetary of the tacky tailoring trends.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are correct. It's a shitty trend that no one will like in two years.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For people who dislike safari jackets and want to stick to a CM aesthetic, what do you do for casual summer outerwear? And if you don't wear outerwear in the summer, what is your full outfit? Assuming you can't wear suits or sport coats.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a light-brown, suede safari jacket that I've worn long before the pandemic. It's actually pretty versatile. I think @UrbanComposition is a fan as well.

Last edited:

Shetterd

Reaction score
For people who dislike safari jackets and want to stick to a CM aesthetic, what do you do for casual summer outerwear? And if you don't wear outerwear in the summer, what is your full outfit? Assuming you can't wear suits or sport coats.
What about something like the Drakes games tunic? This one is garment washed, but made up in a jacketing with the sleeves lined and different detailing, maybe it could do the trick?

1625150160463.png

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.