• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

backtaro

Reaction score
Many blazer/sport coat buttons are 22mm (7/8”, or 36 ligne in button-talk) but you can always go larger or smaller.
Thanks! How about the sleeve buttons? I believe it should be a tad smaller than the body button, isn’t it?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the details! Actually your latest post motivated me to get out of the house and start a new tailoring project haha
Glad to hear!

To answer your question on buttons, the sleeve buttons should be smaller than the front buttons. I don't know the size of my brass buttons, but I bought a set from Westbury and it has buttons for both the sleeve and the front of the coat. If you search for the name Westbury on Etsy, you can also pull up a bunch of brass buttons, although I don't know if they have them neatly organized as sets.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
@konstantis, I really like it.

Konstanti, I think that you've found the perfect configuration considering the particularities (weight, design, color combinations) of this cloth, in relation to given climatological circumstances and aspired purpose.

Furthermore, I also dig the choice of the lining - deep burgundy - to match the horizontal overcheck.

Enjoy it in health my friend!

Best,

Dimitris

konstantis

Reaction score
@konstantis, I really like it.

Konstanti, I think that you've found the perfect configuration considering the particularities (weight, design, color combinations) of this cloth, in relation to given climatological circumstances and aspired purpose.

Furthermore, I also dig the choice of the lining - deep burgundy - to match the horizontal overcheck.

Enjoy it in health my friend!

Best,

Dimitris
Thank you so much Dimitri for your kind worlds. It is a project that has been finished after 7 months due to Covid 19 travel restriictions. I am glad you like it. May i ask how do you find the color of the buttons ? They are a brownish grey color. Do you think i should change them with a lighter color ? Thank you.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Thank you so much Dimitri for your kind worlds. It is a project that has been finished after 7 months due to Covid 19 travel restriictions. I am glad you like it. May i ask how do you find the color of the buttons ? They are a brownish grey color. Do you think i should change them with a lighter color ? Thank you.

Konstanti I would suggest you to wait until winter-time (unless you are planning to visit Australia!) and live with the garment. Only then, you would know if the buttons need to be changed.

Perhaps it's their grey tone that and not their darkness that make the present buttons in the need of further thought. That said, with the garment alongside, I would check if red-brown horn buttons (the lining company calls them "Russet"), and especially the darker ones, offer a better aesthetic result; it is the red - instead of grey - tone in the mix that could make all the difference!

Best,

Dimitris

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaving for Sicily today, where Salvo is at work on a suit and sport coat. Will post pics later.

Picked up the suit from Tailors’ Keep and impressed with the way it turned out. I packed it already and will try to take some roboposes after I arrive and decompress.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.