• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

backtaro

Reaction score
I'm actually in Hanoi as well! I've been in Vietnam for a few months, after having been based in Malaysia the past several years. (I actually did try Jeremy Tok there, but for shirts. The experience was...regrettable.)

Here in Vietnam so far I have tried Pham Tailor in Saigon, and Armoury and Ngo Minh in Hanoi. Each of the three has done some things well and some things not so well. I'm definitely interested in hearing other recommendations. For Hanoi, I hear Pham Brothers has a strong reputation. I'd also like to find out more about Vietnam Bespoke Shop.

And yes, I'm seeing what you mean about the fabric limitations. I've been thinking about trying to source my own, with a tailor that doesn't mind that.

Thanks for the help!
Then we are in the same city. The overall consensus is majority of the shop operated by young sartorial guys are only doing sale (getting your measurement, taking note on your preferred design, etc.) and outsources the cutting to others. As rule of thumb, I would look for shop who do most the job themselves i/o outsourcing.

Pham Brothers has a solid reputation in the sartorial community in Hanoi. Its relative shop - Carlos Pham, is also very reputable (even though they don't want to be mentioned together in a same sentence).

The Armoury is okay per my experience. Had a pair of trousers and chinos made there earlier but it took a long time to finish as there are a lot of thing needed to be fix from he 1st fitting. But Tung is a very nice guys and interesting to talk with.

Vietnams Bespoke Shop (VBS) quality was wonderful before 2019. However, when they change the makers of their suit, the quality is going down as I heard. Their style/ fabric choice is still very interesting tho.

For now, the ones that has a very very solid reputation and I would recommend from my and my friends experience are:
Antonio de Torres (pricey, starting from USD 1000 afaik)
Sir Tailor (pricey, starting from USD 1200)
Long Tailor (this is the best value for money, starting from USD 500) - This guy do everything himself and lots of pricey shop outsources to him. Turnover time is very long, might take few months to finish.
Hanoi Peak Bespoke (good value for money, price start around USD 300, fully canvased atm) - If you are into slimmer cut.
H Tailor (good value for money, starting from USD 300) - If you are into fuller cut.

Just wondering if you're able to speak Vietnamese tho? As a lots of good tailor can only speak Vietnamese.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait, there's a menswear store in Vietnam called The Armoury? Did they take the name from The Armoury in Hong Kong?

backtaro

Reaction score
Wait, there's a menswear store in Vietnam called The Armoury? Did they take the name from The Armoury in Hong Kong?
Their official name is Armoury Sartorial, not sure where do their name come from but I had a question similar to your earlier to the shop owner during my fitting but received no answer.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Their official name is Armoury Sartorial, not sure where do their name come from but I had a question similar to your earlier to the shop owner during my fitting but received no answer.
Man .... looking at their IG, it seems unlikely they're unaware of The Armoury in HK. That's kind of lame.

They even copied The Armoury's waistband design.

103986718_585311359074577_4827632854069731613_n.jpg

acapaca

Reaction score
Then we are in the same city. The overall consensus is majority of the shop operated by young sartorial guys are only doing sale (getting your measurement, taking note on your preferred design, etc.) and outsources the cutting to others. As rule of thumb, I would look for shop who do most the job themselves i/o outsourcing.

Pham Brothers has a solid reputation in the sartorial community in Hanoi. Its relative shop - Carlos Pham, is also very reputable (even though they don't want to be mentioned together in a same sentence).

The Armoury is okay per my experience. Had a pair of trousers and chinos made there earlier but it took a long time to finish as there are a lot of thing needed to be fix from he 1st fitting. But Tung is a very nice guys and interesting to talk with.

Vietnams Bespoke Shop (VBS) quality was wonderful before 2019. However, when they change the makers of their suit, the quality is going down as I heard. Their style/ fabric choice is still very interesting tho.

For now, the ones that has a very very solid reputation and I would recommend from my and my friends experience are:
Antonio de Torres (pricey, starting from USD 1000 afaik)
Sir Tailor (pricey, starting from USD 1200)
Long Tailor (this is the best value for money, starting from USD 500) - This guy do everything himself and lots of pricey shop outsources to him. Turnover time is very long, might take few months to finish.
Hanoi Peak Bespoke (good value for money, price start around USD 300, fully canvased atm) - If you are into slimmer cut.
H Tailor (good value for money, starting from USD 300) - If you are into fuller cut.

Just wondering if you're able to speak Vietnamese tho? As a lots of good tailor can only speak Vietnamese.
That's great information! Thank you so much. Lots to chew on there. I don't speak Vietnamese, no, but thus far I've been able to get by. I do actually have a linen jacket in the works at a place whose name I couldn't even tell you but is near Ben Thanh market in HCM. I popped in because there was a jacket in the window in a color I've been looking for, and though the guy didn't speak a whole lot of English I was able to figure out (though I guess I could be mistaken) that he's an independent guy who does the cutting himself, so I thought I'd give him a try, since I felt something was a little missing in the fitting process at the other places, due to what you describe. They would usually take pictures to show the cutter, and I'd do my best to share my observations if I thought it was needed, but I tried to stay out of it as much as I could.

Long Tailor is one that had popped on my radar, so I'm happy to hear your recommendation. I think I'll go pay a visit. Thanks for those other value recommendations, too. That's really the angle I'm taking here, and hoping to save some budget for a high-end experience in Italy or London in some post-covid universe.

backtaro

Reaction score
That's great information! Thank you so much. Lots to chew on there. I don't speak Vietnamese, no, but thus far I've been able to get by. I do actually have a linen jacket in the works at a place whose name I couldn't even tell you but is near Ben Thanh market in HCM. I popped in because there was a jacket in the window in a color I've been looking for, and though the guy didn't speak a whole lot of English I was able to figure out (though I guess I could be mistaken) that he's an independent guy who does the cutting himself, so I thought I'd give him a try, since I felt something was a little missing in the fitting process at the other places, due to what you describe. They would usually take pictures to show the cutter, and I'd do my best to share my observations if I thought it was needed, but I tried to stay out of it as much as I could.

Long Tailor is one that had popped on my radar, so I'm happy to hear your recommendation. I think I'll go pay a visit. Thanks for those other value recommendations, too. That's really the angle I'm taking here, and hoping to save some budget for a high-end experience in Italy or London in some post-covid universe.
Glad to hear your experience with VN tailoring, which have improved a lot in term of quality and style for the last decade. I hope my home country could one day stop being remarked as place to consign fast, cheap, fused, inferior quality suit.

Long Tailor is good place, this guy is not so friendly and does not talk much but his quality is undeniable. You should take a Vietnamese coworker along as a translator because I’m not sure if he could speak English and his shop located quietly in a busy area that even local like me had a hard time finding it.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After logging on for the first time in more than a year, it was very interesting to catch up with this thread. Terrific to see some of the great commissions and relationships being expanded.

Sad to see many of the tailoring houses struggling during this period. Absolutely tragic about Gigi's passing.

Looking forward to seeing many of the continued pieces come to life.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After logging on for the first time in more than a year, it was very interesting to catch up with this thread. Terrific to see some of the great commissions and relationships being expanded.
Why the long absence?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was really busy / traveling for a few weeks pre-pandemic and then just found myself less interested in all matters sartorial
That's why I spend most of my time in the CEsspool here. Way more interesting seeing people argue over politics instead of buttoning or unbuttoning a jacket.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.1%