• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Porter and Harding Glenroyal

Edit: It's so f'ing expensive, idk why.
If you're buying it direct you are paying retail prices and paying more for maybe a one time purchase from their perspective. Misconception to think you get a better price buying from the mill or jobber or who ever your source is. Ask your tailor what the total price, labor and cloth would be and it may be less than when you buy cloth yourself. You are paying more for shipping too if it ships to you first before you get it to the tailor.

Crispyj

Reaction score
Interesting. What's expensive?
If you're buying it direct you are paying retail prices and paying more for maybe a one time purchase from their perspective. Misconception to think you get a better price buying from the mill or jobber or who ever your source is. Ask your tailor what the total price, labor and cloth would be and it may be less than when you buy cloth yourself. You are paying more for shipping too if it ships to you first before you get it to the tailor.
My tailor bought the fabric through his representative. Quoted 135€ per meter. Lucky me, we got hit by customs from UK to Italy because Brexit and UPS. Extra 70€.

Can't imagine how much it would have cost me per meter and customs.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My tailor bought the fabric through his representative. Quoted 135€ per meter. Lucky me, we got hit by customs from UK to Italy because Brexit and UPS. Extra 70€.

Can't imagine how much it would have cost me per meter and customs.
Would have been the same or more if shipped to USA due to import duties.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 40 15.1%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 81 30.6%