• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rithrin

Reaction score
I have heard that a bespoke suit is like $4,500 or so, is that correct?
I honestly don’t know the base price, but that sounds about right. A little more, a little less, depending on fabric.
They recently quoted me about $6000 for a three-piece, fabric was not entry level, so that price range sounds correct to me.

Speaking of TK, they do great work. I'd recommend swinging by if you ever get the chance.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The second fitting for this three piece was all the way back in the spring, but it was worth the wait:
652344C6-006A-41D3-BAC5-97749BE6F04B.jpeg

Cloth is Drapers Ascot 4-ply. Salvo patterned and cut the suit using a modified drape method: slightly extended shoulders with the not often seen “manica mappina”, in which the upper sleeve is full and the fabric is pressed out, and a generous chest in which a piece of the canvas is placed on the bias, which gives a bit of fullness when worn. Pants are cut close to the hips, have a single pleat that lays flat thanks to a full upper leg, and gradually tapers to the foot.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
The second fitting for this three piece was all the way back in the spring, but it was worth the wait:
View attachment 1502290
Cloth is Drapers Ascot 4-ply. Salvo patterned and cut the suit using a modified drape method: slightly extended shoulders with the not often seen “manica mappina”, in which the upper sleeve is full and the fabric is pressed out, and a generous chest in which a piece of the canvas is placed on the bias, which gives a bit of fullness when worn. Pants are cut close to the hips, have a single pleat that lays flat thanks to a full upper leg, and gradually tapers to the foot.
that suit looks amazing! I love the ascot bunch

Do they have tentative dates for spring yet?

konstantis

Reaction score
Elementary my dear @aristoi bcn!

Back to present times, I concur with the balmacaan proposition.

Best,

Dimitris
Hi Dimitris. Thank you for your reply. My tailor says that the pattern would be really nice for a Chesterfield coat also , but I think the balmacaan is the only way to go as I would like to wear it with casual clothes.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Hi Dimitris. Thank you for your reply. My tailor says that the pattern would be really nice for a Chesterfield coat also , but I think the balmacaan is the only way to go as I would like to wear it with casual clothes.

Hi Konstantis,

You are welcome!

I really don't see this fabric in a Chesterfield overcoat, it is known that this is the most formal of all overcoat make-ups, and as such, in my book it calls for a solid (or at the most of a very subtle) fabric.

Your fabric on the other hand, has an interesting design which stands out and will be very well suited to a balmacaan overcoat, especially given your stated purpose.

Best,

Dimitris

konstantis

Reaction score
Hi Konstantis,

You are welcome!

I really don't see this fabric in a Chesterfield overcoat, it is known that this is the most formal of all overcoat make-ups, and as such, in my book it calls for a solid (or at the most of a very subtle) fabric.

Your fabric on the other hand, has an interesting design which stands out and will be very well suited to a balmacaan overcoat, especially given your stated purpose.

Best,

Dimitris
Hi Dimitris. I agree with you about the “informality” of the fabric as a Chesterfield. Although here are some photos of that fabric , tailored in formal overcoats.

Attachments

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
My dear @konstantis,

I do not want to monopolize the thread, but I really, really do not feel the above iterations.

In my eyes, the best choice is the one that you have made and I hope that you will follow.

Finally, IMO the archetypal Chesterfield overcoat was the Roger Moore' s navy cashmere DB one in the 1973 James Bond film "Live and Let Die":

1606162582843.png

Best,

Dimitris

dan'l

Reaction score
I side with Dimitris on this. I don‘t think it really works as a Chesterfield. Personally that fabric (Russell check?) screams sporting coat for me, i.e. something one would wear while hunting or shooting.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.