• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jiredell

Reaction score
Does he do all the cutting himself, and is the coatmaking/ trousermaking done on site or locally? The work looks pretty good. Always nice to learn of American tailors on here.
He does all the work himself. He has an alterations tailor on site, but his bespoke work is all him.

jiredell

Reaction score
And yes, he has patterns for all his clients. He had to adjust my pattern for me recently

Camillo

Reaction score
My first bespoke comission, sports jacket and trousers made by Dawid Kuklinski (picked them up some time ago, but finally, during my next meeting with Dawid, I had the opportunity to take some decent photos).

Jacket was made of donegal tweed by Holland&Scherry (360g/m), trousers - cavalry twill wool, I don't remember from whom (they appear to be black but it's charcoal, they absorb a lot of light and it's hard to capture their actual color).

IMG_20201017_122943.jpg

IMG_20201017_122737.jpg

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
Coat looks technically correct but stylistically would benefit from at least a couple of cms more in the front. But this doesn't matter if you like it and enjoy it this way.

Camillo

Reaction score
@aristoi bcn , thanks for the input.

I'm not sure what assumptions you base your opinion on about lengthening the front but I would like to make two points in this context:
1. The crotch seam isn't positioned as suggested by the photo, it's actually a few cms higher (there is no gap visible because of the construction of the trousers in this area)
2. It's not a professional photo therefore the actual proportions may be a bit disturbed here.

Beside that, thanks again for your opinion. Actually I discussed this topic with Dawid and with the next jacket which is in the making, we want to experiment by lengthening it a bit (but I believe few cms is too much).

Marshak

Reaction score
@aristoi bcn , thanks for the input.

I'm not sure what assumptions you base your opinion on about lengthening the front but I would like to make two points in this context:
1. The crotch seam isn't positioned as suggested by the photo, it's actually a few cms higher (there is no gap visible because of the construction of the trousers in this area)
2. It's not a professional photo therefore the actual proportions may be a bit disturbed here.

Beside that, thanks again for your opinion. Actually I discussed this topic with Dawid and with the next jacket which is in the making, we want to experiment by lengthening it a bit (but I believe few cms is too much).
Aristoi is trying to explain you in very polite terms that your jacket seems - and I don't say "is" because indeed a photo can't be utterly trusted to assess the proportion of a garment - way too short comparing to your body, giving a feeling of disproportion to the ensemble. Otherwise the tailor's work is neat.

Camillo

Reaction score
Aristoi is trying to explain you in very polite terms that your jacket seems - and I don't say "is" because indeed a photo can't be utterly trusted to assess the proportion of a garment - way too short comparing to your body, giving a feeling of disproportion to the ensemble. Otherwise the tailor's work is neat.
My intention was only to clarify a few points to complete the photos. I didn't want to sound aggressive.

Anyway, I'm thankful for all opinions, well noted.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only your opinion should matter but I also agree that your jacket would benefit from a few additional cms in length. Regardless, enjoy your commissions.

dresden

Reaction score
Got this jacket back again. Picked it up last winter, wore it a bit and she took it back for minor adjustments. Very happy with everything. Lapels, gorge, balance are, to me, perfect. Think I will Stick with this and just change shoulders and pockets for suits v jackets.
327D3FFE-B5C4-4757-9AA1-D57C2926713B.jpeg
19BD521D-8DD6-4622-8519-B37FBD9250DB.jpeg

classicalthunde

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with J. Mueser in NYC?

I haven’t heard much about them here or elsewhere, but recently followed them after some Wm Brown and 18th amendment cross promotion and saw that they have a bespoke option. Apparently it’s cut and produced locally in NYC with multiple fittings...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's