• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

classicalthunde

Reaction score

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trousers look good from what I can tell. Probably the camera angle, but I don't see drape in the jacket. I was also not under the impression that the tailor did a drape cut. I thought he cut a clean front.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trousers look good from what I can tell. Probably the camera angle, but I don't see drape in the jacket. I was also not under the impression that the tailor did a drape cut. I thought he cut a clean front.
The drape is an experiment, and I’m really happy how it turned out. I’ll wear one of these in NYC in a few weeks so you can see it. I didn’t want it overly obvious so I’m glad to hear it’s not noticeable.

Punt

Reaction score

Attachments

dresden

Reaction score
These have a really pretty shape to them. Enjoy.
These are very nice.
☝🏽That's like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval right there...
Thank you! They are a nice extra detail. I think it is worth the extra €100 (ish). @Punt and I were waiting around a hotel room for fittings last summer. He showed me some trousers from the buttonhole maker. I haven’t jumped the shark to that point yet but I have plenty of time.

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
Hahaha it was the first thing our late LKP noticed.

Btw, the suit will have barchetta chest pocket, patch side pockets, buggy lining, manica camiccia and probably only one button in the sleeves (cannot afford more :( ). Trousers one pence, 4,5 cms turn-ups (way more harmonious than 5 for a man of my height and it makes really a difference with 5 cms) and belt loops like all my previous trousers with Iorio.

Jacket back length of this jacket and three previous ones I've made with Raffaele are 3 cms longer than the first batch with him and he is ok with that but his default was a shorter length. Lapels are also 1 cm wider as he thinks looks better with the longer length. I'm still undecided about this.

Inspiration were these two pictures, one from kerloaz blog and the one from Alessandro Benetton I don't remember.

Screenshot_20200113-230702_Instagram.jpg

gettyimages-94652815-2048x2048.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from a fitting I did with Cad & The Dandy last week in Florence. The cloth is @dieworkwear's Summer Tweed and the idea for the suit is taken from the linen (looking) suit that the villainous character Rene Belloq wore in the Egyptian desert scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Which is to say, a safari-style jacket, rear box pleat, half belt, and (gasp) center vent. Pockets also box pleated with the two hip pockets also flapped. The trousers are high-waisted with double forward pleats, no cuffs (of course). This first, baste, fitting went very well. I think the suit will turn out very well. I'll be back in London in mid-March for a forward fitting and, with luck, I'll be able to pick the suit up at the end of that week. If not then, then early June.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%