• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

L.deJong

Reaction score
My bespoke tweed coat is ready! Fit is nailed down, so I'm really happy!
Sorry for my bad hair, there was a lot of wind. But as you can see the coat didn't move an inch.

Do follow me on Instagram if you like these pictures. I also blog about clothes and tailors. I have an really interesting interview-series with young tailors in the making.

dresden

Reaction score
Tailor had quite a few pieces of (Kiton, I think) cut cashmere last summer. Have never had a cashmere jacket made as an impulse buy. Should be done in January so I will have a few months to wear it. Maybe more in Holland.
45DFE138-C0D7-421B-92C5-ED3756F5671C.jpeg
82B47D36-D10E-4465-8105-AE793FBCFC16.png
540C15B5-EC85-4330-A380-73342342CBCB.png

Toninno

Reaction score
There is no real central thread about this, so here goes. Share the joy of anticipation! Show us pics of your current bespoke projects.

Currently, I have two projects in the works, shoes and a suit.

The shoes:

And the suit:

Beautiful craft

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
I had a first fitting with Mr. Di Pietro for the dark green three-piece suit that we had discussed two weeks ago. This also involved refinement of the proportions and details; I was a little underprepared when we first discussed it, so I threw a few too many ideas into the pot. The lapels on jacket and vest will be pared back, to about 4 1/2" and 3 1/2", respectively, the waistcoat will have a shawl rather than peak lapel, the trouser bottoms will plan rather than have vents and, in a case of adding a detail, the breast pocket will be jetted rather than welted. The half-belt back will probably be done away with too. Mr. Di Pietro wants to think about how to construct that as his first thought is that it will require a machine topstitch, which would clash with hand stitching on the rest of the suit. I'm increasingly inclined to agree that it would be out of place. (I actually had been under the impression that the feature had to be discarded due to lack of material, but evidently Mr. Di Pietro had enough left)

Dark Green Suit First Fitting.JPG

Yes, I know that it doesn't look like much in this state, although it did feel quite comfortable. (I took this while the tailor was preparing the sleeves to be pinned on) The fabric might look like it's black or charcoal grey, but under enough of the right light, one can discern that it's actually green. It's a wool and cashmere blend with a very interesting, almost felted feel. (N.b. those aren't the trousers that will go with it, they've been cut, but not assembled)

Mr. Di Pietro is still looking for a suitable covert cloth to make a coat of.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%