• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition has graciously hosted the SF i Sarti appointments in his home and provided translation services. I believe this is likely to change over the next year when i Sarti adds a multilingual new hire.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good first fitting of this navy suit made from Lovat cloth in a quality (and price) similar to the LL Piuma. Trousers will be made by Cerrato.

Attachments

• 8879487E-3544-4138-A891-BFE330B7E4D2.jpeg
    8879487E-3544-4138-A891-BFE330B7E4D2.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 148
  • E55B30D9-88FF-465F-B28A-469ACDEA71FF.jpeg
    E55B30D9-88FF-465F-B28A-469ACDEA71FF.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 150

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gennaro lookin sprezzy af with his tie coming out of his cardigan like that. :slayer:

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soliciting for suggestions:

Going to get a navy suit in the Drapers Ascot 4-ply to fill a hole in my closet. I’m thinking fairly subdued details.

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Barchetta welt chest pocket
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat
Extended tab closure (ending in line with the pleat)
Side tabs (no belt loops)

is there anything you’d change? Perhaps a one button with peak lapels? I’m thinking of adding a DB shawl vest just because as anachronistic as it is, it’s not as conspicuous in a dark navy fabric.

Thoughts/opinions?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't change anything, but I am boring and I dont care for peak lapels. Other small details to consider - how many rear pockets on the trousers and if you want anything special in terms of an inner pocket (like a pocket within the bosom pockets) to hold your phone.

Also depth of the welted chest pocket. Depth can vary and affects how poscket squares sit or slip. I almost want to try having tailor put some of that rubber waist band no slip stuff in the pocket

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to get a navy suit in the Drapers Ascot 4-ply to fill a hole in my closet. I’m thinking fairly subdued details.

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat

is there anything you’d change? Perhaps a one button with peak lapels? I’m thinking of adding a DB shawl vest just because as anachronistic as it is, it’s not as conspicuous in a dark navy fabric.

Thoughts/opinions?
SBPL 1B!!! I think if you were gonna go full three piece with that config this would be the fabric to do it on

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat

Thoughts/opinions?

I like SBPL on a structured coats. I would stick with a standard notch lapel based on the softer looks from your prior jackets.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd skip the vest. I dont think it would look great with either 3 roll 2 or one button peak, so it might come across as a bit costumey.

ruvort

Reaction score
Very good first fitting of this navy suit made from Lovat cloth in a quality (and price) similar to the LL Piuma. Trousers will be made by Cerrato.
Would you be willing to share a link to the cloth?

Edit: I just saw your post where you said you didn't know the cloth. Are you able to find out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads