• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

reidd

Reaction score
Gennaro lookin sprezzy af with his tie coming out of his cardigan like that. :slayer:

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soliciting for suggestions:

Going to get a navy suit in the Drapers Ascot 4-ply to fill a hole in my closet. I’m thinking fairly subdued details.

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Barchetta welt chest pocket
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat
Extended tab closure (ending in line with the pleat)
Side tabs (no belt loops)

is there anything you’d change? Perhaps a one button with peak lapels? I’m thinking of adding a DB shawl vest just because as anachronistic as it is, it’s not as conspicuous in a dark navy fabric.

Thoughts/opinions?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't change anything, but I am boring and I dont care for peak lapels. Other small details to consider - how many rear pockets on the trousers and if you want anything special in terms of an inner pocket (like a pocket within the bosom pockets) to hold your phone.

Also depth of the welted chest pocket. Depth can vary and affects how poscket squares sit or slip. I almost want to try having tailor put some of that rubber waist band no slip stuff in the pocket

The Chai

Reaction score

Going to get a navy suit in the Drapers Ascot 4-ply to fill a hole in my closet. I’m thinking fairly subdued details.

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat

is there anything you’d change? Perhaps a one button with peak lapels? I’m thinking of adding a DB shawl vest just because as anachronistic as it is, it’s not as conspicuous in a dark navy fabric.

Thoughts/opinions?
SBPL 1B!!! I think if you were gonna go full three piece with that config this would be the fabric to do it on

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket:
3-roll-2 notch lapel
Manica mappina
Besom hip pockets

Trousers:
Single pleat

Thoughts/opinions?
I like SBPL on a structured coats. I would stick with a standard notch lapel based on the softer looks from your prior jackets.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd skip the vest. I dont think it would look great with either 3 roll 2 or one button peak, so it might come across as a bit costumey.

ruvort

Reaction score
Very good first fitting of this navy suit made from Lovat cloth in a quality (and price) similar to the LL Piuma. Trousers will be made by Cerrato.
Would you be willing to share a link to the cloth?

Edit: I just saw your post where you said you didn't know the cloth. Are you able to find out?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.