• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Also looks like men's/boy's suits in linen and cotton not mentioned.
So if my next Steed suit is 50/50 wool/linen (it is), do I only get hit for the weight of the wool composition? But really, I'll just have the Steed boys label it as linen/non-animal fiber. Problem solved.

Bromley

Reaction score
So if my next Steed suit is 50/50 wool/linen (it is), do I only get hit for the weight of the wool composition? But really, I'll just have the Steed boys label it as linen/non-animal fiber. Problem solved.
Woah, I don't know. Curious to hear how this goes for you. I'm just starting to read the full document, which appears go into full detail and specifics.

Bromley

Reaction score

TN001

Reaction score
In the meantime, I would suggest an email to the White House stating that you're a "big fan", but this tariff is a bridge too far . . .

classicalthunde

Reaction score
I’m curious if this would have an impact on them traveling to the US or cutting back on some of the newer cities they’ve been frequenting...

TN001

Reaction score
My guess is that to the extent US demand contracts a bit, they will pull back the visits. Although perhaps they will become not just fitting trips but "delivery" trips. Still, I've noticed Savile Row tailors adding places like Atlanta and New Orleans to their schedules, and I would think that might prove difficult.

I remember reading somewhere that lawyers representing retailers in Chicago were trying to push for state sales tax (at the time of sale) on English tailors coming into Chicago. I don't know the details though.

Bromley

Reaction score
Also gives a pretty clear definition of "suit"

classicalthunde

Reaction score
not to turn this into a political thread - but is the US these tariffs as leverage for an 'ask'? From what I've read its in retaliation for the EU subsidizing AirBus per the WTO...but a) why not place tariffs on airplane related items instead of these consumer-focused items (wine, clothes, cheese...some of my favorite things) , and b) Do we have a demand out there that would be met that would result in the elimination of these tariffs

hopefully two front trade wars are as devastating to the homeland as two front war wars

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not to turn this into a political thread - but is the US these tariffs as leverage for an 'ask'?
That's basically the strategy of a tit-for-tat trade war, but it also risks ratcheting up.

It's an open question whether these tariffs would be renegotiated with Brexit. Or what's even going to happen with Brexit. This is an EU and Airbus fight.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.