1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

Chris, this coat is simlpy gorgeous and I love that you made it. It does remind me of the time I saw a car with white suede seats and it made me wonder what kind of life a person could lead that white suede seats made any sense whatsoever.

That coat would last 11 minutes in my house before it was indelibly stained by my daughter's grubby hands, my dog's muddy paws, or me spilling something on it!

I still want one though! Beautiful work, thank you for sharing!

2. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

I don't even want to know how much a pair of bespoke shorts cost.

That tweed jacket is probably the nicest jacket I've ever seen, and that cashmere seems a bit naked. How about some fur for some added lux?

3. PMA

PMA Member

Draper's Irish Linen.

DSC_0993.JPG

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I similarly love the grey tweed (one of the best coats I've seen), and am not as much of a fan as the white cashmere (well, the fabric is nuts).

It is tricky to explain why.

The higher gorge on the grey tweed is great, and I love the roll. I also really like the shape of the lapels.

5. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Poor photos today in the shadows and my office, but it’s too cold and windy to mess around taking photos.

77A42D6C-C21C-4D4C-9FF4-D72096F12EC7.jpeg 662F6C4F-9904-4186-9729-93152A7719F5.jpeg

6. lordsuperb

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Wow! That is awesome!

8. lordsuperb

P - Show them a full silhouette of the garments you're posting.

9. Patrick R

Not bad for a ~$400 investment? :)

10. PMA

PMA Member

fullsizeoutput_2d9f.jpeg

11. lordsuperb

What $400 investments are we talking about?

12. Despos

Despos Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Posted the Grey Herringbone for Aristoi bcn, he was looking for ideas for a grey herringbone cloth he has.

Thank you 23. My hands produced about 25% on this one. Kudos to my coat maker on the rest of the work. Client that will wear this can pull it off. He has the rare attribute to wear bold looks but not look pretentious.

"I don't even want to know how much a pair of bespoke shorts cost."

A bit less than a regular trouser, only because it takes about .5 yards less cloth. The labor is pretty much the same. You save less than 2 minutes not having to sew 4 straight seams from the knee to the hem. Everything else is the same. Have a handful of clients who order shorts. Favorites have been in linen. When I visited A. Caraceni a few years ago they were making shorts in oxford shirting fabrics at the clients request.

" and that cashmere seems a bit naked. How about some fur for some added lux?"

Styling this coat was a dilemma. Would preferred it to be DB but client didn't. Notch would be too simplistic. Bal collar doesn't pair well with a SB. The collar style of the grey herringbone is too casual. Decided peak would have the most presence/impact and add elegance to a plain white cloth. Still not sure if making it a fly front would have been better. Less is more...sometimes

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

13. PMA

PMA Member

Drapers Hopsack

fullsizeoutput_2da5.jpeg

14. Patrick R

I bought this coat that Chris made for another client from Luxeswap a few months ago for something like $400 (I don't remember the exact amount now). It looks like it was never/rarely worn and I've been able to wear it without any alterations. There is one noticeable difference in how it would have been made for me rather than this other customer that stands out to me, but I'll leave that to others to notice or not notice. Chris said the cloth itself was over $300/yard when the coat was made 10-12 years ago, so I feel like I got a good value for my money. :)

15. Despos

Despos Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I noticed, but not saying