1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask here:

Does anyone know of US based, bespoke shirtmakers? Everywhere I go that advertises "bespoke" shirts is really MTM, mostly made by Skip Gambert. I am Ohio based, so someone nearby would be lovely, but understand that's one of the drawbacks of being in flyover land.. Any thoughts?

2. WeakMonday

WeakMonday Senior Member

Prince of Wales flannel with light blue windowpane that I got at il vecchio drappiere in milan

3. semperexcelsius

semperexcelsius Senior Member

Well, it seems to me that Ohio is roughly in between NYC and Chi-town, so those might be your two best bets. In NY, the recommended places are usually CEGO, Paris, or Geneva. T&A has an operation there too, but they don't get a huge amount of SF love, and they technically aren't "US-based," I suppose.

Not sure what your price range is, but check out those. If you think those aren't expensive or good enough, you could always see Kabbaz [​IMG]

I can't help much with Chicago, but I'll mention @Despos who I believe works in the area. If he doesn't make shirts himself, he can probably recommend some other good shirtmakers in the area.

4. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

Thanks for the input, and I never see a need to spend money just for the sake of it, so I wont add to the wait times at Kabbaz!

Chicago is much closer, so that is likely where I will end up, but I am open to other suggestions as well. I will reach out to Despos and see what he thinks.

5. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Yeah, but look who advertises their clothes.

6. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

http://www.byboris.com/

I have never seen his garment, but he does make these himself.

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

Who "advertises" their clothes? The Armoury?

Liverano's main customer base -- at least outside of Florence -- has always been in East Asia, even before The Armoury picked them up. Guys there tend to have a lot more disposable income than those in the US.

I also don't think the house was ever aimed at younger customers, either in Japan, Hong Kong, or the US.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

8. lordsuperb

You're a HEARTBREAKER, dream maker, love taker.........

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

Rich Asians In Ur Sartoria

Inflating Ur Prices

10. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Are we talking about Corcos? I'm a Corcos client and I have shared some pictures, I'm 39, @gusvs is 40, George is 35, not exactly young lads. But Niels, Benedikt and my team members Gabriel, Alexander and Oliver are young fellas, no doubt, but they have bespoke clothing as their number one passion and profession, they are not your average 20-something dudes.

11. lordsuperb

:( I guess I'd be asking for trouble if I had my tailor try and immulate the style.

Was referencing the price quote of a Liverano sports coat. That is the most I'd be willing to pay for a suit.

I think the price of the Corcos is fair.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Wow, I thought Leaves was way younger judging by his pics.

13. dawei94

dawei94 Well-Known Member

If Philadelphia is closer to you, I'd recommend Ray at http://raycustomshirtmaker.com/
    I've had 4 shirts made there and Ray is always a pleasure to deal with. Fit on my shirts is very good.

To clarify, I did not ask Corcos to emulate the Liverano style. What I meant was that Corcos, being a Florentine tailor, has a house style (dartless front, very open and rounded quarters, soft but not completely unstructured shoulder) similar to Liverano's house style. I mentioned Liverano because they are by far the most well known Florentine tailor, and besides Corcos, the only one that travels. As a result, the Florentine style is distinct (in that it looks different from British, French, and other Italian styles) and was pretty unique (since people not able to make regular trips to Florence previously could only get jackets in the Florentine style from Liverano at one of his trunk shows). Now, Corcos offers a similar style at a much lower price point

14. lordsuperb

Yes, but I don't have access to any italian tailors and have thought about using my tailor to try and emulate the style.

Oh well, its probably a good thing I don't have easy access to some of these tailors because they would take all of my money.

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I would be happy to give them my money....it might cover canvassing.