1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Ongoing Bespoke Projects

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sander, Jul 15, 2014.

1. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

I inquired at one point. Opted not to. Just didn’t get a good feeling about him & wasnt fond of his work on Instagram. Good thing.

Seemed like he was a good guy who would be better served working for a more established tailor on specialized tasks, not running the operation. Also seemed like he’d be better off staying small in Naples rather than traveling as much as he doesn’t. That said, I have no doubt that, with time, he will get better & fix these issues. Probably decent if I was traveling to Naples.

Everyone starts somewhere, but I felt the traveling was too soon for him. For example, Corcos just started traveling to New York & he’s fairly established in Florence.

Also, if you look closely at ig, I think he’s making something for Simon - bad move on his part imo. Could destroy his reputation.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

If you're talking about this guy https://www.sartoriacorcos.com/ then him doing something for Simon and traveling to NYC won't really matter since he's not taking on new clients until 2020. I guess Corcos wants to remain relatively small to keep quality up.

3. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

I was referring to Biago Granata. I was using Corcos as an example of how a tailor should start small. Expanding too soon is bad, in general.

4. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

And while he's got mouths to feed and bills to pay you are busy playing dress up and analyzing his every move.

5. calypso

calypso Senior Member

Just for the record, the first two orders with Biagio Granata were absolutely perfect. Great fit and craftsmanship.

6. birdlives80

birdlives80 Member

Have you done bespoke with Formosa? I’ve yet to find anyone on here who has spoken about that process publicly, or the results.

7. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior Member

I have 3 coats and 2 pairs of pants, and another jacket in production.

The process is fairly efficient as their master tailor comes every two months.

My first jacket had two fittings, then they shipped the jacket, I wore it, and made some minor tweaks on a third visit.

Plus, Dionysus doesn’t speak English but Greg speaks Italian and so the proces is good.

I really enjoy it; plus Gregg has a great eye for fabrics and colors.

I can answer some questions on it

8. EFV

EFV Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Getting a Harris Tweed sport coat made with Saint Gregory from Naples. Felt quite promising on the first fitting.
    4CFCC2F9-E01A-4BD2-8A13-409D11E7BFA4.jpeg

9. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior Member

Might want to lower the gorge a bit. I can barely even see it from the front. Perhaps a little more room to get out over your hips too. Looks lovely otherwise and very accurate for a baste fitting.

10. EFV

EFV Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is how many basted jackets look. The tailor hasn’t placed the gorge point yet.

11. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior Member

Ha... explains why I couldn’t see it. Thankfully we don’t see so many gorges behind the shoulder in the last year or two.

12. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior Member

Maybe this is not the right thread but...can somebody identify the tailor (or italian school of tailoring) of this suit? Is one of the most perfect suits I've ever seen:

fabrizio-massimo-alessandra-219891.jpg

The man in the picture is Fabrizio Massimo Brancaccio.

13. brax

brax Distinguished Member

Just finished my first fitting of the Minnis flannel puppytooth with Sartoria Tofani at their NYC trunk show. So far so good. Because of the fabric’s informality, Davide suggested that we switch from flapped to patch pockets. He also suggested a touch of padding for the shoulders. After about 10+ Jacket commissions without any padding, this will be a first so we’ll see how it goes.
    [​IMG]

14. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Are you looking for a new tailor?

15. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior Member

Not for the moment no (though if I had the time, energy and funds I would like to try a florentine one) , but I was impressed with the cut of that suit and I am unable to identify the tailor/school.