• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Have heard good things about Saint Gregory. Interested to see the results.

Reactions: EFV

EFV

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great. How heavy is the tweed?
Alex
Cheers, it’s 375g

Nice! Where is your tailoring shop, where the suit is cut and sewn?
Tailoring shop is Götrich, on Linnégatan 75 in Stockholm. We make in-house tailoring, but this one is made through my business partners in London. Same process as in-house tailoring, but with production in their, much bigger, workshop.

Skanstull

Reaction score
Cheers, it’s 375g

Tailoring shop is Götrich, on Linnégatan 75 in Stockholm. We make in-house tailoring, but this one is made through my business partners in London. Same process as in-house tailoring, but with production in their, much bigger, workshop.
I understand, thanks - yes I’ve read about your association with Cad @ the Dandy but I was not aware you had in house abilities in Stockholm as well!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I understand, thanks - yes I’ve read about your association with Cad @ the Dandy but I was not aware you had in house abilities in Stockholm as well!
We do, but since I don't want to tie up our one master tailor with making a suit for myself (60 hours of work I actually prefer her to use for full paying customers), I rather use C&D, since I've really dialed in the kind of fit I like with them. We've also got Jussi, our manager, taking measurements and doing final alterations, which means the final suits are slightly different from C&D in London. Not that they're not great, it's just that Jussi has made me bespoke garments before I bought Götrich, and he knows my slightly softer preferences, construction wise.

Skanstull

Reaction score
We do, but since I don't want to tie up our one master tailor with making a suit for myself (60 hours of work I actually prefer her to use for full paying customers), I rather use C&D, since I've really dialed in the kind of fit I like with them. We've also got Jussi, our manager, taking measurements and doing final alterations, which means the final suits are slightly different from C&D in London. Not that they're not great, it's just that Jussi has made me bespoke garments before I bought Götrich, and he knows my slightly softer preferences, construction wise.
Looking forward to see pictures of suits and jackets fatto tutto a mano a Stoccolma!

Reactions: EFV

Dannefalk

Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.