• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sleeve pitch is a bit off
Chest is a bit tight

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought this thread was gone!
Took these before the heat wave came. The coat is made in a piece of camel hair/wool blend sourced from Harrisons Burley. Love the texture but it is unfortunately too soft, which made a lot of troubles in the whole process.
Trousering is 7343 from Minnis Eskdale Trousers. Soft but drapes very well.
View attachment 781526 View attachment 781528 View attachment 781530 View attachment 781533 View attachment 781534

Pretty sure I have trousers in this same fabric, though it is a little difficult to discern the exact color online. Mine are a stone color with an obvious twill weave to them. I got the swatch beneath this one made up as well, and while that one looks to be a standard, mid brown shade, after getting them home they show a decided olive tone in certain light. I have honestly never had a fabric change color so dramatically on me in different lighting.

I had very high hopes for the Eksdale book, and while the performance of the cloth cant be faulted (the trousers are really excellent and drape beautifully), there simply isnt enough in my wheelhouse in the range. I recently ordered a couple of pairs fromthe Fresco III book and may be able to get everything I need for wool trousers out of that book. Obviously flannel and cotton will require me to branch out, but I am spoilt for choice with the current Fresco options.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems quite few ppl used that book...It is like standard grey with a touch of green and yellow. Twill gives it some uniform feeling which Fresco cannot offer. I love Fresco too.
Pretty sure I have trousers in this same fabric, though it is a little difficult to discern the exact color online. Mine are a stone color with an obvious twill weave to them. I got the swatch beneath this one made up as well, and while that one looks to be a standard, mid brown shade, after getting them home they show a decided olive tone in certain light. I have honestly never had a fabric change color so dramatically on me in different lighting.

I had very high hopes for the Eksdale book, and while the performance of the cloth cant be faulted (the trousers are really excellent and drape beautifully), there simply isnt enough in my wheelhouse in the range. I recently ordered a couple of pairs fromthe Fresco III book and may be able to get everything I need for wool trousers out of that book. Obviously flannel and cotton will require me to branch out, but I am spoilt for choice with the current Fresco options.

Dannefalk

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of your fittings with Bauer? I'm Swedish and would like to know more about them. Have you ordered much from them? Are they any good?

Sorry, no fitting pics. I have ordered two pairs of trousers and the execution is really good. Working with Frederik is really a pleasure, he has a good eye and really knows what he is doing. :thumbs-up: Hoppas det hjälper!

Bengan

Reaction score
Sorry, no fitting pics. I have ordered two pairs of trousers and the execution is really good. Working with Frederik is really a pleasure, he has a good eye and really knows what he is doing. :thumbs-up: Hoppas det hjälper!

Thanks! Good to know we have a skilled tailor in Stockholm.

ATWright

Reaction score
I don't intend to be a regular poster, but I wanted to show you guys this one. A suit in the lamented Minnis Rangoon, which I am getting to see how it stacks up against the new Fresco Lite.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 16.03.42.png

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this not a facet of how the trousers fit the individual?

One small thing, but the back pocket seems to gape. FWIW, I find that happens less when the pockets that are cut like this:

Don't ask me why the dart extends below the pockets. I don't know.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really happy with a plain, slightly lighter than jacketing colored lining. The problem is, that the lining in the sleeves usually is a little lighter than in the front and back, so you can't just use the same cloth. But he promised to find something like it, so I will see. In the DB I'm wearing in the first photo, there is a perfect light grey lining in the front and back and terrible, gaudy yellow/white/black striped lining in the sleeves. Oh well.
Seems reasonable to specify sleeving and lining; I have long done that (from specific range of LBD0 indeed I only ever have one sleeving (T760). Labels - yes cloth maker under the left ticket pocket and no others.

Michell

Reaction score
How about the sleeve length 1cm less, the jacket length 2cm less, the pant length should be let out some?

微信图片_20170529194044.jpg

微信图片_20170529194051.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about the sleeve length 1cm less, the jacket length 2cm less, the pant length should be let out some?

View attachment 789095

View attachment 789096
A good looking suit; evening wear I assume, does not seem practical for day wear. Certainly marks you out in a good way.

Do you have a white lining or have you mixed a flamboyant colour to add interest? No back pockets in the trousers either|?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads