• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here it is: my second commission from Coccinella of Osaka, in Minnis 0656 houndstooth flannel.

TBH the fit is a little tight around my chest and waist right now, but this being a flannel, I'm guessing it will stretch and relax with time, so I'm not in panic mode.

On the whole, a pretty amazing result - given that they worked entirely off measurements made for my first commission, with just a few minor adjustments discussed via email.

Gavinband

Reaction score
The pattern is wonderful, very subtle as rightly pointed out by eric. I may have to consider something similar for my next commission.... but currently got a mid grey DB flannel and Crispaire three piece on the go!

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have it worse. Traveling tailors don't even want to come to Louisiana.

We do have a tailor in Baton Rouge, Manuel Martinez (who was patronized by CoolPapaBoze). But from what I understand, he is less bespoke, more MTM. Thought about maybe doing an interview for SF purposes. Never really seen any of his work in person.
Have you ever considered going to Baton Rouge to meet with him and clearing up any misconceptions you might have?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Minnis fabric is outstanding. This might be my next makeup if the fabric still available.

Question to the audience: Would this be better as a full suit or equally great as a sportcoat?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That Minnis fabric is outstanding. This might be my next makeup if the fabric still available.

Question to the audience: Would this be better as a full suit or equally great as a sportcoat?

Suit, the scale of pattern is too small for a sport coat.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually live in Baton Rouge. Guess I am due to stop by.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next project: a single breasted suit in 8oz Cape Breeze 70% wool / 30% kid mohair, in a lovely, dusty slate blue.

Half lined jacket, unlined pants.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick preview, more to come.

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you kind sir. I was was confirming my initial thought.

@UrbanComposition has the 0656 in a suit, but he breaks it up on occasion and wears both as separates I believe. I didn't get my 0656 made up this winter b/c i was not totally settled on the details, primarily patch or flap/jetted and then whether i wanted the shoulders to be a touch more formal or more informal/neopolitan. I still go back and forth, and hence it remains unfunded until next Fall, but UC's look makes a strong case for the BlazerSuit look in the 0656. Not sure how often UC wears as separates versus as a suit.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit looks great on you, Cox. Flannel gives a bit, however if it's tight I'd mention it. If it's not too much trouble you could send it back with instructions; during fittings I've noticed letting out seams even a half centimeter can make a difference in comfort.

I wear the 0656 trousers all the time with a navy sportcoat, and even though the jacket has patch pockets I'm with Lord Superb and prefer sportcoats to have bolder patters. It would work in a pinch, but would be suboptimal :foo:

Last edited:

Gavinband

Reaction score
Agree it is best for a suit. And damn you but I am now going to probably add this to my two suits currently being made. Really fond of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics