1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OneTrouser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. M. Charles

M. Charles Senior member

Very cool. Everyone always says how wonderful Fox is, so I feel very tempted to try for myself one day. However, I've already got this flannel in hand and think it's pretty damned good.

I wasn't mentioning it to suggest you should switch, just thought you might be interested. Did you ever say what flannel yours is? I would guess Minnis 0300. I have 0301 and 0304 (air force dark blue) and like both.

2. jeffyhow

jeffyhow Member

We'll see. They already tried re-blocking the pants, but that didn't work. I'm not sure what next steps are.

you're cocky enough to post nonchalantly about your 5k suits, 1k pants, and hermes wallet purchase attempts but you're not enough of man to hold a "respected" cleaner accountable for their mistakes? [​IMG]

3. EnglishLapel

EnglishLapel Senior member

you're cocky enough to post nonchalantly about your 5k suits, 1k pants, and hermes wallet purchase attempts but you're not enough of man to hold a "respected" cleaner accountable for their mistakes? [​IMG]

What the fuck? By its very nature a forum devoted to high quality tailored clothing will involve high prices. As for "nonchalantly" how the fuck is one meant to make posts on a forum, by apologising for the cost? [​IMG]

4. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Demanding that the cleaner be 'held accountable' is how a small-timer would behave, a big-timer just writes off the cost and has new trousers made. From this perfepective, Foo's posts and behaviour appear to be entirely consistent.

5. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

I still think 15 oz whipcord would have been a better or at least more durable choice.

What will the summer Onetrouser be made from?

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Who is this? Those trousers are wonderful.

7. dmac

dmac Senior member

What with the summer Onetrouser be made from?

I would hope it can be converted to Oneshorts

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Who is this? Those trousers are wonderful.

Ed.

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ed.

Don't you see the spaghetti stains?

10. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

So, can you now please finally enlighten us which fabric you chose? I am still of the opinion, btw, that my assumption was not not right.

11. bing

bing Senior member

i get it now.

i did this with some Calvin Klein pants earlier this year. "The Bowery, i believe. Bought all 4-5 finishes and wore them exclusively for several months and was very satisfied.

now have to wear a suit every day and i havent worn any of those pants in weeks...

12. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

So, can you now please finally enlighten us which fabric you chose? I am still of the opinion, btw, that my assumption was not not right.

It's not worsted. It's not less than 13oz. It's not Italian. It's not not light grey.

13. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

It's not worsted. It's not less than 13oz. It's not Italian. It's not not light grey.

Is it from Cole Haan?

14. Sterling Gillette

Ok, last try before I am going to insist that you are wrong and it is indeed Minnis 0300: Harrison West of England flannel in (what they call) mid-grey.

15. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok, last try before I am going to insist that you are wrong and it is indeed Minnis 0300: Harrison West of England flannel in (what they call) mid-grey.

No, you were not wrong that it is Minnis 0300.

16. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

From Cole Haan or Kenneth Cole?

17. Sterling Gillette

I might have to come back here in a few hours to check the last couple of pages in order to understand this.

18. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Are your effing magic trousers ready yet?