One Thing to Buy in 2007

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jan 5, 2007.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

My only sartorial "need" is a pair of winter boots and I've been eying the C&J Snowdon.

The one thing I *really* want to buy in 2007 is a house that I can make comfortable and turn into a real home.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

seems like a lot of money for a watch
    Think of it as an investment
    (a bad one)

3. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Two things, both British:

1. A true blue (lighter than navy) SB suit by Mahon.

2. A whangee-handle umbrella by one of the London purveyors while I am there this coming summer.

4. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

1) A navy blazer (sb).

2) Black captoes, straight tip, no punching or brogueing.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

1) A navy blazer (sb).

2) Black captoes, straight tip, no punching or brogueing.

i recommend the Santoni Classic Darren.

it is a black captoe bal with no punching or brogueing, it has the design on the sides similar to the John Lobb 2004 vintage.

nice shoe, you may be able to find a brand new one discounted at your local nordstrom rack after newyear and christmas in january.

[​IMG]

6. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

canali suit

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Nothing.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I don't have a single specific item, but there some items on my "really must get round to buying at some point" list:

1) MTM shirts. These are way overdue to arrive in my wardrobe. I'm really starting to think the fit of my RTW shirts are beginning to drag down the look of everything else. Trouble is choosing a maker - from what I've seen, I'd probably like Charvet best, but they're pricey (esp. when you add in the cost of Eurostar).
    2) An automatic watch in gold with a brown leather strap (I've shortlisted a couple of options: IWC Portofino or Cartier Tank Francaise)
    3) One more pair of black punched captoe oxfords (probably JLP Philip II) and one pair of dark brown plain captoe oxfords (maybe C&J Audley).

9. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

2 pairs G&G bespoke shoes - and i am temptird to get a rubinacci bespoke suit too, in navy hopsack or 15oz fresco![​IMG]

10. kcc

kcc Senior member

Rubinacci DB coat; can't wait [​IMG] !

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I really want just the right fedora. I'm also in the market for an SB peak suit, just for fun for myself, and a hunter case pocketwatch.

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Not really a single item, but the thing(s) I passionately want to get would be jackets from Chan--one for each tour. March tour--another lightweight jacket, probably from the Porter & Harding "Solway" collection of fabrics. July tour--a heavier weight jacket, either a tweed or from the P&H "Glorious Twelfth" collection. November tour--same as July, or possibly a warm, wool-cashmere blend blazer.

13. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

well, i couldn't get it down to just one thing-- but I made some major headway on my list of things to acquire in late 2006, so only a few things left to get in '07:

+ Jaeger le Coultre Master Compressor Dualmatic wristwatch, replace brown strap with black glossy alligator
    + Omega seamaster 300m GMT wristwatch for day to day (both watches at a good discount, from my favorite online store www.watchclick.com)
    + FINALLY going to buy a tan suit. Isaia SB suit, double vented jacket, FF trousers, from Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC. very cool light blue silk lining, nicely handstitched buttonholes and good looking stitching on the lapels. been after a tan suit for years, but never got around to buying one/ didn't have the money before.
    + Thinman just reminded me...a house. yep, gotta put money aside for the mortgage downpayment this year. hoping to move to North Carolina just outside Raleigh in late summer 207
    + alterations on about seven suits, to ensure my wardrobe is DONE and no additions need to be made for a good long while

I guess when i finish my list, i will have reached sartorial nirvana! (I hope!)

14. DrGiggles

DrGiggles Member

Lange1 in platinum

15. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

WW Chan SB suit in Grey Holland & Sherry Worsted