• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'One Star Leather Goods' on Etsy

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased from this store before? Seems to be a relatively new sole proprietorship, leather goods start-up. Check out his store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneStarLeatherGoods?ref=seller_info. The few reviews and write-ups I've found have been glowingly positive.

He's got some absolutely beautiful items, all hand-crafted in Los Angeles of Horween or Hermann Oak leather. I purchased this bifold wallet a couple days ago and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. It seems to be exactly the wallet I've been looking for for quite a while, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it when I did, as it was the only one he had in stock. Hopefully I'm not disappointed when it arrives. I'll post my opinions here when I get it.

Last edited:

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a follow-up here, and a couple pictures.

I'm a very picky consumer, but I am thoroughly impressed and completely satisfied with my One Star Leather Goods wallet and overall experience. After I received the wallet I initially ordered, I contacted Keegan--who hand makes all of his products--to see if I could exchange it for a wallet of the same design but made with a different leather: dark brown Horween Chromexcel. He happily obliged. There was nothing at all wrong with the wallet I first ordered, but after I placed the order, I noticed some products of his made with Chromexcel and learned that he does custom orders. I absolutely love the color of the Chromexcel and was glad he was willing to make a custom wallet for me. After only about a week, my custom wallet was finished and shipped, and I received it today. It turned out even better than I could have imagined, and is exactly the wallet I have been searching for for almost a year. The leather quality is of course outstanding; it feels and smells amazing. The construction quality is superb as well, and the design is simple yet attractive and the perfect size. This wallet will no doubt last for decades, and I look forward to breaking it in and showing it off. I highly recommend One Star Leather Goods' products!

Last edited:

Brattman

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 case made by him. It's a similar design to Makr's, but does lack some of the polished details they deliver. None the less, the One Star iPhone case was WAY less money than the Makr one, which is why I decided to go with it. That and the fact that it was more customizable. I had him make my iPhone 5 case using Horween "buffalo leather" (which to me looks more like a cracked bullhide), and requested that he leave off any branding, which he obliged. I've had it since October of 2012 and have been really happy with it. It's definitely improved with age.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like nice leather with relatively amateur finishing and construction

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have an iPhone 5 case made by him. It's a similar design to Makr's, but does lack some of the polished details they deliver. None the less, the One Star iPhone case was WAY less money than the Makr one, which is why I decided to go with it. That and the fact that it was more customizable. I had him make my iPhone 5 case using Horween "buffalo leather" (which to me looks more like a cracked bullhide), and requested that he leave off any branding, which he obliged. I've had it since October of 2012 and have been really happy with it. It's definitely improved with age.

I considered requesting no branding as well, but didn't. In hindsight I kinda wish I had, but oh well. Still very happy with the wallet.

^That about sums it up, fellow Victorian!

Meh, I'm no leather goods expert but the finishing and construction seem fine to me. Certainly on par with my Saddleback wallet. Then again, I can't comment on how One Star compares to Makr as I've never owned any of their products.

jamaaltt

Reaction score

A little bit of semantics here. I would say construction looks minimalistic. There's enough burnished and western leather wear. To each is own. Love the simplicity of it. Can't forget about price either, priced perfectly for what it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads