• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One should not wear fahionable jeans over the age of......

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Nudies are loud?

I took what he said to mean 'louder'. As in louder than *insert any other brand heavily discussed here*.
confused.gif

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
i dont really think they are either but to each their own.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, let's see some pics of older dudes in jeans. Rock stars don't count.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
i dont really think they are either but to each their own.

It's the only thing that makes sense. But let's allow Brian to explain what he meant by 'loud'.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Where I live, Seoul, it's unfortunate that most young people who probably keep tabs on trends and fashion can't dream of affording the good stuff, and the ones who can buy it are the stubby, middleaged, overweight businessmen. I've seen 5'5" 180lb 40-50 year olds who look like Asian Microsoft engineers trying on Dior Homme and it's gharish indeed. This is pretty typical around here. In that instance, I would say that one needs to be judicious about what one buys...

One the other hand, I see myself being pretty slim for the rest of my life and can see something like raw New Standards in my closet for a long time, or something similar.
This thread reminded me that I should go get my dad and grandfather some SC47's or something similar as Christmas presents this year... everytime I see guys on these SF's wearing Alden Indy's and rolled up selvage, I get this flashback to when my grandfather was in his 50's, working in his vegetable patch, because that' basically what he's worn on the weekends for the past 50-60 years.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nudies are loud?

I don't think that they are particularly loud, but the bright orange contrast thread and back pocket stitching is definitely less subdued than the tone-on-tone and pale yellow stitching of 5EP, or the yellow stitching and minimal details of APC, for example. And the cuts offered by 5EP and APC are definitely more "classic" and less trendy some Nudie cuts. For example, I'd be hard pressed to envision an older guy pulling off Thin Finns or Long Johns
crazy.gif

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
there should be no limit. its what ever makes you happy. this life is no reharsal its the only show you will ever star in.

should have mentioned i am 78. wear "6p" custom made jeans.

wheelerray

Reaction score
"Until you're fat" is the right answer at any age. Denim does not flatter the large of ass.

Being over 50, I consider it best to stay far away from any crazy pocket stuff (True Religion), and don't go with too low a rise. I hate pre-distressed so that's not even a question.

When combined with a pure white dress shirt, jeans look classic at any age. With a rock band tee, or any printed tee for that matter, it looks like I'm trying to be a kid. Also no Chucks IMHO.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
there should be no limit. its what ever makes you happy. this life is no reharsal its the only show you will ever star in.

quoted for truth

Brian SD

Reaction score
Nudies are loud?
low yokes and big, low back pockets, low rise, tapered hems, bright orange stitching... Compare that to APC, and you'll see what i mean.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
boxing[1].gif

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads