One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

They really do. It is apart of his character and people find it interesting. He dresses well and wears many different types of clothes but never deviates from black.

2. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

I know many people who wear the same outfit every day, except they only have one of each.

Thats kind of nasty.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

This is much dumber than the all blue shirts idea.

'Idea'? It's long since become a reality.

Would you have all five pairs in rotation? I'd be cautious about stocking up for future use if only because of the possibility they might not fit 10 years down the line.

No, no, I'd rotate.

Although I would never do it, I always found it interesting to wear the same thing everyday! To have a closet full of the same suit, shirt, tie, and shoe. My friend wears all black everyday but in different ways. It has become his trademark and people love it! I am not sure wearing the same shoe is enough to make it intriguing though.

Thank you. Someone who understands me.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I was in Brooks Brothers 346 a few years ago, and a shoe salesman was feverishly rushing to get together about a half dozen boxes of exactly the same cordovan shoe (forget what style) to take outside to a customer's driver who was picking them up. The salesman indicated to one of his colleagues that this customer bought the same shoes, in the same style, evey year. Apparently he didn't like it when the shoes get worn down and like them in generally new condition. So he buys a ton of the same shoes and discards the old ones when he is done with them.

5. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

That seems like such a boring way to spend 2-3 grand.

I absolutely hate when I lose/ruin something and I have/want to re-buy the exact same thing. Seems like such a waste.

I like the idea of getting different styles of shoes that are on the same last. It keeps the silhouette of your feet the same while changing the color/style.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The more important question is: how does one make a custom Alden order? There's a bunch of whiskey shoes I want to buy.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

They really do. It is apart of his character and people find it interesting. He dresses well and wears many different types of clothes but never deviates from black.

Hmm... sounds boring to me. [​IMG]

8. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

I think the idea is very appealing especially combined with all blue shirts. In fact, it sounds liberating. If you can live with the boring aspect of it, everything else is a plus especially time saved shopping for shoes.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Nothing wrong with it, its a personal decision. One that doesn't require you to ask others what they think.

Now, I would like to see this Alden plaza longwing on a single leather sole. Pics?

10. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

You should fear your wife yelling at you for ordering 5 pairs of the same $500 shoes.

Somehow I'm guessing this would not be an issue at all for her. Think about it, these are the odd tendencies he feels comfortable discussing on a PUBLIC forum. Imagine what types of things he keeps to himself. LOL [​IMG]

Obviously, the idea of having 5 pairs of the same exact shoe is ridiculous. Start with 3 and see if you really feel you need the additional 2.

11. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I think you need to see a psychologist.

Big time.

12. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

Hey, if they're comfortable and look good, you're a step ahead of most people. Why the hell not!

13. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

You only want one shoe and its an alden longwing? Not a bad shoe but not the only one I'd want in my wardrobe.

Buy 3 Mackays in dark oak instead. Thats probably the only shoe I'd never get tired of.

14. academe

academe Senior member

Two or even three pairs I can envision as part of a rotation, but 5 seems a little excessive. No offense intended,there seems something a tad obsessional about this...

15. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

there seems something a tad obsessional about this...

YES![​IMG]