• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

one-off Bugatti Veyron Sang Bleu announced; world cringes

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KanYe
Whats so special about these cars?

254mph

and this

2008-bugatti-164-veyron-sang-noir.jpg

KanYe

Reaction score
If you can afford a car thats 1 million +, are you really going to risk it all by going 254mph?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can afford a car thats 1 million +, are you really going to risk it all by going 254mph?

My answer is absolutely... but most people just buy them to be status symbols.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

facepalm.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
My answer is absolutely... but most people just buy them to be status symbols.
I would....with proper training and the appropriate track. It's a special type of auto, it's not a car I would consider utilizing as a ''city car''.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I would....with proper training and the appropriate track. It's a special type of auto, it's not a car I would consider utilizing as a ''city car''.
For track use this is not the best choice of car because of weight, and more straight road is better for trying to go top speed. Other machine such as Pagani Zonda, Gumpert Apollo, Koenigsegg make better performance when there are curves.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually they Veyron handles incredibly well. Doesnt make sense to me because of the weight but some how Bugatti pulls it off!

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on the top gear track, it got beaten by the zonda f even if you attribute this to the fact that the track's straights are consistently broken up by turns, still seems like a bit of a poor showing this is the top gear track:
top-gear-track-anim2.gif

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Actually they Veyron handles incredibly well. Doesnt make sense to me because of the weight but some how Bugatti pulls it off!
Yes the Veyron does handle well also to make turns in part because of all wheel drive grip, but it is not quite so quick as the lighter rear wheel cars I mentioned earlier on closed tracks where maximum speed is not attainable. The McLaren F1 has a very high maximum speed but was made with cornering in mind, as the GTR model used in racing. The Veyron is a nice car, a type of technological marvel, and I think it looks good in the solid black version but also two-tone is not ugly but actually nice with the right combinations of colours. The interesting thing is that VW loses money making this car. What is incentive to sell this car for a loss? I don't think people who go to buy Veyron will often buy other car by Vw? Is not like large store which sell video game system and game for little profit to attract person to buy much other thing with more profit margin, loss leader type of thing.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
on the top gear track, it got beaten by the zonda f
Yes, and Zonda F was not the only car driven by Stig in less time than Veyron.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
254mph

and this

2008-bugatti-164-veyron-sang-noir.jpg

you really think that's a good-looking design? compare it to

112_0711_02z+lamborghini_reventon+front_view.jpg

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
What is incentive to sell this car for a loss? I don't think people who go to buy Veyron will often buy other car by Vw? Is not like large store which sell video game system and game for little profit to attract person to buy much other thing with more profit margin, loss leader type of thing.

i guess you could argue that it raises awareness of the bugatti marque, which adds prestige to vw's brand value

and anyway they're produced in limited enough numbers that i'm sure vw has taken all this stuff into account and decided it's still worth it

Kookz

Reaction score

[image removed so as not to cause further ocular damage]

If you would have posted an AM Vantage, I would have agreed with you, but you chose the gag-inducing Reventon?

I think that concludes this thread.

hws

Reaction score
112_0711_02z+lamborghini_reventon+front_view.jpg

This machine is hideous.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
For $1MM, I'd spend half the price for another super car ... but 254 mph is insane. Watch the Top Gear video of when they pushed it to full speed, it's on youtube.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads