• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

One of the worst eBay suits ever?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,348
For a multitude of reasons.

The suit itself is bad enough in my opinion (material, cut, likely construction, etc) but I encourage the easily amused (like me) to read the item description too.

What impresses me more are the (to date) 8 bids, with plenty of time left to run.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPORIO-ARMANI-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Enjoy!
 

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
31
Yes, the description's a barrel of laughs:

As seen in photo, there are some MINOR stains on the middle part in the crotch area, which appear to be urine drops. There are no stains on the lining, just that middle part, which can be changed. It's not really bad, just a few drops. Your local tailor can certainly take care of that, by changing that piece of cloth.
 

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
12,242
Reaction score
262
OUCH!! seeing that suit is a painful reminder that I bought a Donna Karan suit with that exact cut about 11 years ago.....*shudder*
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,348
Originally Posted by Get Smart
OUCH!! seeing that suit is a painful reminder that I bought a Donna Karan suit with that exact cut about 11 years ago.....*shudder*


Ah but at least yours wasn't urine-stained, right?

Right?

 

marc237

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,381
Reaction score
1
Yes, but I give serious respect to the seller for honesty. It certainly shows that a honest description does not deter bidding so long as the suit is an ARMANI.
 

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
31
Well, it's a good thing he says clearly that the suit is "classy".

I would never have seen that myself.
 

aybojs

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
957
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by marc237
Yes, but I give serious respect to the seller for honesty. It certainly shows that a honest description does not deter bidding so long as the suit is an ARMANI.

I wonder what would happen if a seller were to try wiping his ass with the inside lining of some Armani Black Label suit trousers before putting the suit up for auction. Anyone want to try this out to sate my curiosity?
 

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
18,807
Reaction score
497
"I DO NOT SELL UNAUTHENTIC [sic] ITEMS."

Question to Seller, just sent: Is that authentic urine on the pants?

ayboyjs: Would that make it Armani Brown Label?
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,348
Originally Posted by RJMan
"I DO NOT SELL UNAUTHENTIC [sic] ITEMS."

Question to Seller, just sent: Is that authentic urine on the pants?




I can barely contain myself waiting for the reply. Of course, it sounds as though the previous owner of the suit had similar difficulties...
 

marc237

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,381
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by aybojs
I wonder what would happen if a seller were to try wiping his ass with the inside lining of some Armani Black Label suit trousers before putting the suit up for auction. Anyone want to try this out to sate my curiosity?

Probably would not reduce sales so long as the ARMANI was in the description.
 

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
6,808
Reaction score
777
I've heard that Olga uses urine to get the antiquing on her Belutis just right.
 

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
18,807
Reaction score
497
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I've heard that Olga uses urine to get the antiquing on her Belutis just right.
Is she launching the new "shooman" club?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

  • Seersucker

  • Fresco

  • Linen

  • Silk


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
440,335
Messages
9,500,077
Members
198,886
Latest member
HarvsSockACCN
Top