1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

one of the best "sartoria" of Italy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vaux_le_Vicomte, Jul 30, 2007.

1. OxxfordSJLINY

OxxfordSJLINY Senior member

Coram, New York, United States of America, 11767
    100% by hand minus the collar at least:

[​IMG]

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Sciamat. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching like in that picture on Sciamat's website (such as the picture above) and on many other websites (all of which state everything in this paragraph).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with all of the only three branches of Caraceni worldwide that are equally true Caraceni (Augusto/Mario in Milan, Domenico/Guilio and Tommy in Rome and Ferdinando in Milan). I know this because on all of the websites for Caraceni and on many other websites I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above). Also, all of the many miscellaneous websites state that all three of these branches of Caraceni make the lapels mostly (75%) by hand with 100% hand made lapels a 50% extra cost option (Caraceni’s websites simply state that the 100% hand made lapels are an extra cost option).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Nino Corvato and Raphael Raffaelli. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above) on many miscellaneous websites that also all state everything in this paragraph (Corvato and Raffaelli do not have their own websites).

2. richardcharles

richardcharles Well-Known Member

3. welldressed

welldressed Member

Short interview with Mr Ricci. http://welldressed.blogg.se/2009/feb...ino-ricci.html Interesting fact: Mr Ricci is an attorney and in 2002 he opened a Sartoria. He learned how to cut bespoke on his own without learning as an apprentice at a tailor. His story is quite peculiar if not unique in the world.

4. OxxfordSJLINY

OxxfordSJLINY Senior member

Coram, New York, United States of America, 11767
    .. both have the same problem ... the cutters and tailors are others ... so you can have a great suit if you get the right on.

Yes, but everything is exclusively done by the employees that are in house or on the premises.

Absolutely nothing is farmed out to be done by anybody anywhere off the premises or out of house (nada, zero, zilch).

In fact, all of the above is the case (it always has been and it always will be, that will never change) with all custom accessory, clothing and footwear makers throughout Italy (including Campagna and all branches of Caraceni).