• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One of Our Local Judges

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He says he shops in downtown Detroit. Where? RenCen maybe? I can't think of anyplace else.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much of a selection in RenCen. Actually, Judge Strong shops at Serman's, Henry the Hatter, the Broadway, etc. Lots of local places with a little "flair" (translation: pink gators can be had there).

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Another reason Detroit is a joke and has almost no good shopping.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
here in Detroit. He is a really fun guy (who keeps changes of clothes in his car) who likes to dress. He has an entire room of his house just as a closet.

edit: try this link
http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/au11style.html

i wish i had the nerve to change to different outfit during the course of the day, i'd be scared if they fire me for being such a dandy.

im the best dressed guy here at my workplace, everyone in hawaiian shirts, cargo shorts, and sandals. im the only guy in a nice, clean, pressed dress shirt, dress slacks, and gleaming shoes and matching belt. and im their IT guy.
i work with software engineers, structural engineers, etc. .. it is a building and naval structure auditing company.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it gets better: he is a criminal court trial judge! Anyhow, he gets re-elected every time without spending much on the cost of running - he is just well known and very popular.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a great line:

Do you have any fashion advice for lawyers?

In my courtroom there's only one star, so don't try to outdress me. The Wolverine Bar Association even gave me the Shining Star Award. They created it just for me. So it's not just me saying it"”it's them, too.

ATM

Reaction score
I never knew there was a "fashion area" downtown.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
This is a great line:

What about:

When the Alpha Kappa Alphas (a sorority) were here for a convention last week, I wore pink and green, their colors, all week.
That takes a serious pair of onions. Does anyone here have (or want to have for that matter) enough pink and green to last them a week?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
What about: That takes a serious pair of onions. Does anyone here have (or want to have for that matter) enough pink and green to last them a week?
I need to work out if I even have any pink & green
smile.gif
P.s. re: the onions, at least this big:
giantorganiconionsbb0.jpg

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here in Detroit. He is a really fun guy (who keeps changes of clothes in his car) who likes to dress. He has an entire room of his house just as a closet.

edit: try this link
http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/au11style.html

yuck, if he just brought it back a bit , like a more british chalk stripe suit it would be elegant. Instead it looks like an International Male ad.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the Hell does hizzoner have the pocket of that garish suit? It doesn't look like a square to me--maybe a couple of cigars in tubes?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Not much of a selection in RenCen. Actually, Judge Strong shops at Serman's, Henry the Hatter, the Broadway, etc. Lots of local places with a little "flair" (translation: pink gators can be had there).

I'm guessing this means black places.

He definitely has that whole Steve Harvey look going on. Steve Harvey collection, Stacey Adams, etc. I actually like the look, but you almost have to be a black guy to pull it off or you look like a wanna-be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads