• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

One of Our Local Judges

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He says he shops in downtown Detroit. Where? RenCen maybe? I can't think of anyplace else.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much of a selection in RenCen. Actually, Judge Strong shops at Serman's, Henry the Hatter, the Broadway, etc. Lots of local places with a little "flair" (translation: pink gators can be had there).

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Another reason Detroit is a joke and has almost no good shopping.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
here in Detroit. He is a really fun guy (who keeps changes of clothes in his car) who likes to dress. He has an entire room of his house just as a closet.

edit: try this link
http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/au11style.html

i wish i had the nerve to change to different outfit during the course of the day, i'd be scared if they fire me for being such a dandy.

im the best dressed guy here at my workplace, everyone in hawaiian shirts, cargo shorts, and sandals. im the only guy in a nice, clean, pressed dress shirt, dress slacks, and gleaming shoes and matching belt. and im their IT guy.
i work with software engineers, structural engineers, etc. .. it is a building and naval structure auditing company.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it gets better: he is a criminal court trial judge! Anyhow, he gets re-elected every time without spending much on the cost of running - he is just well known and very popular.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a great line:

Do you have any fashion advice for lawyers?

In my courtroom there's only one star, so don't try to outdress me. The Wolverine Bar Association even gave me the Shining Star Award. They created it just for me. So it's not just me saying it"”it's them, too.

ATM

Reaction score
I never knew there was a "fashion area" downtown.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
This is a great line:

What about:

When the Alpha Kappa Alphas (a sorority) were here for a convention last week, I wore pink and green, their colors, all week.
That takes a serious pair of onions. Does anyone here have (or want to have for that matter) enough pink and green to last them a week?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
What about: That takes a serious pair of onions. Does anyone here have (or want to have for that matter) enough pink and green to last them a week?
I need to work out if I even have any pink & green
P.s. re: the onions, at least this big:

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here in Detroit. He is a really fun guy (who keeps changes of clothes in his car) who likes to dress. He has an entire room of his house just as a closet.

edit: try this link
http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/au11style.html

yuck, if he just brought it back a bit , like a more british chalk stripe suit it would be elegant. Instead it looks like an International Male ad.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the Hell does hizzoner have the pocket of that garish suit? It doesn't look like a square to me--maybe a couple of cigars in tubes?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Not much of a selection in RenCen. Actually, Judge Strong shops at Serman's, Henry the Hatter, the Broadway, etc. Lots of local places with a little "flair" (translation: pink gators can be had there).

I'm guessing this means black places.

He definitely has that whole Steve Harvey look going on. Steve Harvey collection, Stacey Adams, etc. I actually like the look, but you almost have to be a black guy to pull it off or you look like a wanna-be.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.