One more sample sale...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Dec 4, 2004.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Cloak and three or four more NYC designers, plus a little Vivienne Westwood for the ladies Event Times: Thu-Sun 12pm-8pm Location: 416 W13th St (btwn 9th Ave & Washington St) 2nd Fl New York, NY 10014 (212) 371-2777 http://www.papermag.com/stylin....ak.html I was a credit card swipe away from buying the overcoat in the first row, 2nd from the left. I'm proud of the restraint that I managed to exhibit.

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

"Militant goth streetwear for boys of all sexual persuasions.."

uh, OK.

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

I'm...uh... having some...some um, hairstyle... issues...here...um, uhh, urrhhpp [​IMG] Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG]

4. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Norcal, I like that overcoat. I'm looking for something similar. If I may ask, how much was the jacket? BTW, excellent restraint, I would've buckled under the pressure.

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

What, do you not envision me as a SEXY, militant goth?

The jacket was $500.  I probably would have given the poor student story and knocked down the price another $25... Too bad I just donated my left kidney to finance my first watch purchase.  Oh well, back to work.

EDIT: Stu, cute kid. Unlike the real world, posting a picture of your child will not win the affection of any female viewers. Someone else's children = perfect accessory. 2nd best accessory = an adorable dog in NYC.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

What watch did you end up getting norcal?

7. modsquad

modsquad Senior member

I love Cloak and I think the fencing jacket (bottom row, 2nd from left) is one of the most brilliant pieces of clothing I've ever seen.

8. Stu

Stu Senior member

Thanks. Actually I got sick of looking at my ugly mug, and my kid's a heck of a lot cuter than I am, so I put her there. No affections sought. Just an insufferably proud father who is totally in love with his little girl.

A single buddy of mine has asked to borrow her on occasion when he makes social calls, much the same way I used to borrow my niece when I was a single guy and she was a 3-year-old cutie.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have the cardigan from last year's collection - it's similar to this years fisherman cardigan, but with distressed metal crested buttons instead of frogs. Really like it, but it is really warm. I only wear it as a layer on a really cold day. I like their overcoats too, but shorter jackets are really more my thing, and they do have really well cut ones. Sort of like Army surplus, but much, much better - and a whole lot more expensive too, unfortunately. Anyway, really can't afford any extras this year, with all the travel, gifts, etc... And it's diffcult for me to justify yet another piece of casual outerwear.

And the cover is a little over the top. As for the hairstyle issues, I have not idea what the idea was... Most militant goths I know don't even have hair that crappy.

10. AJL

AJL Senior member

Artistic runway license, I suppose. Frankly, I find the hairdo's (hairdon'ts?) so distracting its hard to look at the clothes in an objective way.

11. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

What? Picture? Dan

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah, I've seen this shirt. Filed it under "Cool, but I'll never wear it". A lot of their pieces are like that.