1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

One Month Vacation Recommendations

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Zach Britton, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Zach Britton

Zach Britton Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have some significant time off in August/September before beginning work and I am torn between a spending a month in a number of different destinations in Europe and Asia. I am 25, will be traveling solo. I have travelled fairly extensively throughout Europe (except Scandinavia) and Southeast Asia, and lived and studied in Spain for nearly a year. I have never travelled to the Far East - Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, China. Japan has been at the top of my list for quite some time along with going to South Africa on a safari. I will be spending two weeks in South Africa until August 9 or so, but have no concrete plans afterwards, although I may meet a friend in Paris over labor day weekend. I am leaning towards spending 20 days or so in Hong Kong, Japan, and possibly Korea, then flying over to Europe for a few weeks. Wrestling with Scandinavia, Iceland, spending time in Southern France and returning to Italy (Northern lakes, Amalfi Coast, Florence, Rome), exploring Croatia and Serbia, moving north and exploring Belgium, Netherlands before Stockholm and the Norwegian Fjords, or returning to Spain and Portugal.

Your opinions are appreciated.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Yes.

3. amlemus

amlemus Active Member

It sounds like you're very well traveled to begin with! Scandanavia is stunning, even in the summer. If you decide to go there, I'd recommend visiting Copenhagen, Oslo, Goteborg, and finishing off in Stockholm.

4. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

"then flying over to Europe for a few weeks. Wrestling with Scandinavia, Iceland, spending time in Southern France and returning to Italy (Northern lakes, Amalfi Coast, Florence, Rome), exploring Croatia and Serbia, moving north and exploring Belgium, Netherlands before Stockholm and the Norwegian Fjords, or returning to Spain and Portugal."

Sounds ambitious for 2, or even 3, weeks

5. amlemus

amlemus Active Member

Agreed with @romafan. You’re trying to pack a lot in there. With so much back and forth between locales, their enjoyment might be sacrificed.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

Eastern Europe. I loved Serbia. I'd try to stick to one continent.

7. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Between Copenhagen, Oslo, Goteborg, and Stockholm which would you choose?

8. amlemus

amlemus Active Member

If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Stockholm. Both it and Copenhagen are amazing cities, but I'd say Stockholm offers just a bit more to do in the museum, activities, and culture department.