• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

one meal in LA, less than 1 hour from LAX

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool, thanks all.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Axe on Abbot-Kinney in Venice. I think there was a fire last Fall so not sure if it's open again. Californian food: local, farm-raised, etc. Kind of a minimalist place with nice backyard seating when it's warm.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Warning! I've been on the 405 on a Sunday afternoon when the traffic moved about 3 miles in an hour. Do not depend on the freeways to cooperate with your plans.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
ok, thanks, let's scrape the thai off the list, then. I can good thai in chicago, I was looking for outstanding.

anything else really typical LA that I can't get at home?

First of all, I'd like to thank you for loving food from my home country. Even though I'm Asian, I am still like Pink's Hot dog and In N' Out...... They are to die for, seriously!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Warning! I've been on the 405 on a Sunday afternoon when the traffic moved about 3 miles in an hour. Do not depend on the freeways to cooperate with your plans.

This. My first thought was "something in the terminal"
laugh.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
LOL, cannot believe AB called foodguy a "foodie"

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Doesn't everybody have him on ignore?
You're missing out. He's like javyn without the saving graces of insecurity and bipolarity.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Foodguy is a G. I've shared tacos with him in Ramona Gardens with a couple of hynas not too long ago.
thanks hombre! i think. i feel like i need the barbara billingsley translator from airplane before i'm sure.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White

For some reason, I find that the northbound 405 tends to move faster than the southbound near LAX, so some of the Gardena or points south of LAX suggestions may be better than trying to get into Santa Monica or Westwood. The 105 is usually a pretty good escape route too.

--Andre

aphextwin07

Reaction score
never been out that way but I would probably just go to In-N-Out to see what all the hype is about. I'm guessing it's probably pretty similar to 5 Guys though so I'm probably not missing much, at least according to all those best burger review lists I see where 5 Guys usually beats them out anyway.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
never been out that way but I would probably just go to In-N-Out to see what all the hype is about. I'm guessing it's probably pretty similar to 5 Guys though so I'm probably not missing much, at least according to all those best burger review lists I see where 5 Guys usually beats them out anyway.

In N Out pays $2 above minimum wage, or something like that. Minimalist menu. They dry their fries on cloth towels. No matter. The food turns my stomach.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
My parents used to take me there every time they visited me at school. Then we had an epic family meltdown (not my fault, my brother) and we stopped going.

My family was far too reserved and concerned with preserving a fake public image to ever have a meltdown in a restaurant. I wish it wasn't like that because I think we'd really entertain people with our bullshit.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
This. My first thought was "something in the terminal"
laugh.gif

eww. LAX has the worst food of any airport in america. Even ******* Laguardia is better. There is literally nothing in LAX.

jbrickhead

Reaction score
I know they have one in every town, but I went to a Houston's pretty close to LAX a few months ago. I love their prime rib.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads